Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error on Viewing a Popup Link

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my problem.

When I double-click a popup link, I sometimes get an error message as shown below:

An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line XXXX
Char 2
Error Access is denied
Code 0
URL: XXXXXXX
Do you want to continue running scrips on this page? Yes or No

This error happens randomly on a popup link when I'm viewing the page or after I generated the chm file. If I click the link several times, eventually the link works. However, next time I click the same link, it may or may not work.

Also, if I single-click a link, the link works fine without failure. I checked the same link that was created in RoboHelp X5, and it works just fine. It appears that it’s a bug in RoboHelp 7, but I don't know how to fix it.

If you know how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Atsuko

Welcome also to the world of HTML and JavaScript! Even though you haven't been able to duplicate this in X5, rest assured that it did happen. What happens here is that the popups in RoboHelp are handled via JavaScript. Because this is occurring in JavaScript, double-clicking a link may cause issues, as you are essentially calling the script multiple times.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. So are you saying that there is no quick solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my knowledge. If there is, I'm unaware of it.

Perhaps instruct folks that in the world of HTML, a single click operates links so they won't double-click?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

Atsuko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to add that I'm also getting a similar problem in RH 9.

I'm trying to do a popup link. I'm only clicking the link once. Not double-clicking. And I still get the script error:

11-29-2012 6-28-14 PM.jpg

The target topic I want to appear contains a .js file that then loads a quicktime movie (.mov) file I generated from Camtasia Studio.

I wonder if this is happening because the .js file that launches the movie is automatically playing the movie and so the initial javascript doesn't do the popup container thing? I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp