• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add hyperlink to After Effects CC Video

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add a link to a web page on the last frame of my video, is there a way to do that in After Effects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Adding a marker ... double Click on it,

marker.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you, I did this and rendered my video and the url was not active, could you please give me more information or a link to more info. I am new to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My composition marker doesn't have a chapter and web links section (or flash cue section). I can't find any information on why I am missing those options in my composition marker details. Can you help please?

April

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the adobe Help Link here: Layer markers and composition markers in After Effects    

When you render a composition that contains markers, the markers can be converted to web links, chapter links (chapter points), or cue points, depending on the output format and values that you set in the marker dialog box. Markers can also be exported as XMP metadata. (See XMP metadata.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same problem and link provided to Adobe help is of no help.

Here's the setup:

AE CS6

No layer selected

Position play head in AE comp

Click Layer, Add Marker

Click on marker, go to Settings

Enter in URL:  www.etc.

(Have also tried http://www. etc.)

Render in AME with Quicktime, DNxHD, Windows Media but...

No joy. (What I'm expecting is that when the video is played and the playhead hits the time at which the marker was set, the website spec'd in the URL will open)

Guess I'm not inputting it correctly. Please Help.

Thankx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a little of digging around, what I have found is there isn't much information about it in the CC adobe help files or the forums - by looking at the cs4 help files, there was a bit more information Adobe After Effects CS4 * Layer markers and composition markers  here's the relevant text:

You can associate a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) with a marker to create an automatic link to the site at that address. After Effects embeds this information within certain kinds of movies, including SWF, Windows Media, and QuickTime movies. When these movies are played in a web browser, the embedded URL is recognized, initiating a jump to the specified URL. You can target a specific frame in the site. For example, you can have specific web pages open when an instructional video reaches specific points in the movie.

When these movies are played in a web browser - this is the key for figuring out how it works. I haven't got a site where I can embed videos and test this out. meaning you need to have web page to include your videos in and try to work with this information and report if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

I have tried to go to Settings in Layer Marker but same problem here too as  my composition marker doesn't have the chapter & web links section. Thus can't fill in the URL to create the clickable button for the web link. Can someone help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is five years old and this guidance no longer applies. Especially with the decline of Flash video over the last decade and its eventual death, video playback on desktops and browsers looks very different than it did when these tools were first introduced, and you can't add a URL to a video and have it work the way you want everywhere.

These days, the best way to handle this is with the video player or by creating an interactive presentation that mixes code with video. For example, you can add elements to YouTube videos that let you link to other videos, or you can use Adobe Animate or other tools to create an interactive HTML product with buttons, but there's no simple or universal solution to adding a URL to a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines