Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors occurred in the app thinning process

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just tried to upload my AIR app on Itunes Connect and receive this mail from Apple :

"While processing your iOS app, Marées-NC 3.9.0(3.9.0), errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store. For information that may help resolve this issue, see Tech Note 2432."

What does that mean ? Any idea what's that error is meaning ?

Thx for the answer.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Thanks to Krati Rastogi, the solution has been found.

You must NOT have special character in the name of your app.

The special character is causing the error "app thinning" error (not very logic, but that's the way it is).

Hope everyone who will have this error will find this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sit tight and wait. Apple is having issues on their end. I bet it's not you because we're all experiencing this issue when trying to upload out Apps to iTunes connect. Check on Google, you'll find a lot of people asking about this today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur 😉   Yea 2 different Apple accounts, 1 uploaded the same build successfully, the other got the app thinning error message.

Apple is definitely having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue cleared up for anyone yet?  I am still having the same issue.  Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for us in the end. I'm not sure if the issue is still occurring on Apple's end, or in you are having an issue yourself. One thing could be disabling Bitcode from Xcode, but I'm not sure if while working with Adobe Air you can do this.

ios - how to ENABLE_BITCODE in xcode 7? - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that some of us doesn't use Xcode but Adobe Animate. Then we upload the ipa with Application Loader software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error here. Cannot upload app to Appstore.

Im using application Loader,  Adobe air sdk 22 and Adobe Animate.

Application loader   no error

Then I get a mail stating this thinning error.

I disabled bitcode new compilation in itunes, but it doesnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried submitting Support tickets with apple... They keep saying, "It is a 3rd Party Lib and you should contact them for support"

I even burned one of my Code Level Support credits (they gave it back to me) and they said they can't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a link to here in this topic:

supporting apple app thinning on iOS9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to submit my app to Itunes with Application Loader :

"While processing your iOS app, errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store."

It's a very annoying bug as I can't submit my app at all on the App Store !!!

I'm using Adobe Animate, AIR 22 on Windows 10. Then transfer my ipa to OSX and upload it with Application Loader.

Is Adobe aware of this bug ? Are they working on a fix ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all of my Plug Ins from my Phone Gap app (which breaks major functionality inside of my app).  Uploaded the app, and it processed fine without the error. 

I am working on adding plugins 1 by 1 to find out which one is causing the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so have about 100 other more important things to be doing right now than troubleshooting why Apple's App Thinning code is broken.

I got into a nice little email fight with one of their tech support reps who refused to even consider looking into this issue because, "Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Technical Support (DTS). 

It seems you are using PhoneGap and Cordova, both third-party tools.
Please contact the support channel for those channels for assistance in resolving the problem.

Thank you for understanding our support policies.

Best Regards,

Developer Technical Support
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations "

My Reply was:

I don't understand why Apple charges me $99 a year and takes 30% of my proceeds, and won't provide basic level of support in return.

Sorry, I DO NOT understand your support policy of ignoring problems that were created by the apple team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it is the same on AIR as it is on Phone Gap.  But I just found the solution for my app in Phone Gap.

There was a PLUGIN folder in my ZIP file I was uploading to PhoneGap to build the IPA file.   I deleted that folder.

The Plugins are referenced in my Config.XML file so the PhoneGap compiler was able to get the Plugins and make a good IPA that passed apples checks.

I've been able to upload and test a fully functional IPA now.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fla File. I can convert it into ZIP and look into it.

But everything looks fine.

Please Adobe, help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED

Unbelievable: I found the eror was in the NAME of my application

my Applikation is named:  Das Krotische Küstenpatent

I renamed to :  Das Kroatische Kuestenpatent.

and it worked. That means that Apple is not accepting Extended German Characters in Appnames anymore.

In Adobe Animate under  "APP Name"  der is no Extended Character allowed

Please Adobe: What has changed in the last weeks,  Is Apple making the mistake or  Adobe

regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the records,  who is to blame for this error ?

is Adobe air not able to generate an IPA with extended characters Küstenpatent

will this be fixed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw that AIR 23 has been released. Does it fixes this bug ? (app thinning process)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I hope this responds of mine to this Itune error saves someones time and changes someones life

Follow this link for a detailed explanation of what bitcode is and how to solve the problem of ItuneConnect app thinning process

http://gitezone.com/itune-connect-bitcode-app-thinning-process-ios-part-1/

and also

http://gitezone.com/itune-connect-bitcode-app-thinning-process-ios-part-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eze!

Thanks for the Links. But I use Adobe Animate and Animate creates the IPA. So there is no help in the links for that problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why this issue hasn´t got an answer from Adobe Animate CC staff. Are we just sitting here alone? This issue has been going for more than one month and it is still going on with no comment at all from adobe´s staff.

If it´s just an iOS issue and not and adobe´s issue we should be told. Shouldn´t we?

To keep other developers updated:

I have uploaded several iOS apps to the appstore in the last three days with the same advice:

"""Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "bla, bla". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team"""

But they were finally realesed in the appstore.

But one of my apps keeps being rejected with this message:

"""While processing your iOS app, bla, bla, bla (and bla, bla,bla), errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store. For information that may help resolve this issue, see Tech Note 2432."""

Any advice? Is there something we: adobe animate cc developers have to do? is there something we have to wait for? is there any availabe answer from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. Will get back as soon as I have a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is still here and can't upload my app on AppStore. What the team said ?

Sans titre.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than one month and still impossible to upload my update for my app !!! Please give us an answer of what could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Corona managed to fix this bug on his side :

Submitting apps to Apple’s iTunes Connect | Corona Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have deleted my previous post because the team told me that I had misread their email.

The product team has not heard about this issue from any of our ther customers other than this forum. They believe that it not likely an AIR related issue. They want me to check with you if you are using any native component built using Xcode settings having bitcode enabled. There's a possiblility that Apple is having difficulties processing apps which have a combination of components without bitcode enabled.

I will share your observations that you post here with the team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines