• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing ColdFusion 2016, but cannot get Flex SWF files to play.

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On our servers we have CF 9.02 (yea, yea please get past this), and we are looking at upgrading to CF 2016.  So I downloaded the 30 day trial version installed it on the dev server, but used the internal Tomcat server to run CF9.02 simultaneously.  Every appears to be working as expected except FLEX SWF files.

I followed instructions from here ColdFusion Help | Installing Integrated Technologies  but I get blank pages with debugging information but no errors..

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Can you point me in a direction to look?

thanks,

Kev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make sure I understand.

You have a server (dev) that had CF9.0.2 installed, and upgraded to the trial version of CF2016 (I'm never a fan of upgrading over one iteration - there are usually problems.)  But you're trying to use the CF2016 Tomcat server to run both CF2016 _and_ CF9.0.2?

I don't think 9.0.2 will run on Tomcat.  I don't know that much about it, but I think that 9.0.2 and earlier will only work on JRUN.  I don't know the internal differences between JRUN and Tomcat, but if there are any coding differences, then my assumption is (most likely) correct.

If you can completely remove CF2016 (including the Tomcat), and install CF2016 to, say, a completely different drive (including the Tomcat), and keep 9.0.2 aimed at JRUN and 2016 aimed at Tomcat, you might be able to get these to run simultaneously on the same server.

Otherwise, your best bet would be to create another dev server, install CF2016 to it, and just migrate your code over from the old dev server.

VMs are quite handy for this kind of process.

HTH,

^_^

UPDATE: My personal and professional opinion on FLEX and SWF.. don't use them.  Flash is on its way out, has been for a while, mostly due to security concerns.  You'd be much better off leveraging HTML5 for stuff like that, and if you're concerned about legacy browsers, you can code some kind of graceful way of prompting the user to upgrade to a more modern browser.  Just my two cents.

UPDATE2:  CFDUMP can be your best friend, when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both CF9.02 and 2016 installed on the same box.  CF9.02 is on IIS port 443 (HTTPS/SSL) and 2016 is on Tomcat using port 8500 (HTTP no encryption). 

The legacy apps are up for a re-write, but for the short term we need to see if we can get the LFEX apps to run on CF 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your legacy CF is going through SSL, and CF2016 isn't, my first thought is that this might be an encryption issue.

But to be sure what is happening, use CFTRY, CFCATCH, and CFDUMP to determine precisely what is causing this issue.

I did a quick Google search for CF2016 and FLEX, and the only relevant link that I found was this one, which I hope will help.  Outside of that, I cannot think of anything else.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can see the animation on this page, then it sounds like your swf file isn't being served.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation