• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 23.0.0.162 Installation fails on OS X 10.11.5

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having problems installing Flash player 23.0.0.162 on Mac OS X 10.11.5.

It says downloading, then installing, then I get a dialog which says “Installation failed. Click “Finish” for futher as…”

When I go here:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

it says:

Flash Player is out of date (22,0,0,209).

This is the version I need:

Macintosh OS X Firefox, Safari - NPAPI 23.0.0.162

There is nothing written to /var/log/install.log while the Flash updater is running.

I'll attach the log files for Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and a screenshot of the error message.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7384167a-6d2d-4099-a021-649dbc77b796

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Thank you for posting the log files. Very, very helpful.  I'd like to get one more piece of information from you.  Please do the following:

• Launch Terminal
    • From Finder: /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
    • Alternatively, use Spotlight to find the Terminal app
  • At the prompt type: id and then hit enter.
  • Copy and paste the results into your reply

In the mean time, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac​ page in the 'Still having problem' se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the log files. Very, very helpful.  I'd like to get one more piece of information from you.  Please do the following:

• Launch Terminal
    • From Finder: /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
    • Alternatively, use Spotlight to find the Terminal app
  • At the prompt type: id and then hit enter.
  • Copy and paste the results into your reply

In the mean time, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac​ page in the 'Still having problem' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro[~]gordon% id

uid=501(gordon) gid=20(staff) groups=20(staff),506(boinc_master),402(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1),507(boinc_project),505(photos),12(everyone),61(localaccounts),79(_appserverusr),80(admin),81(_appserveradm),98(_lpadmin),399(com.apple.access_ssh),702(com.apple.sharepoint.group.2),701(com.apple.sharepoint.group.3),33(_appstore),100(_lpoperator),204(_developer),395(com.apple.access_ftp),398(com.apple.access_screensharing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link to the installer. I had to do this the last time an update came out, but I couldn't find the link just now. Anyway, I think there's something wrong either here or with the installer and it would be nice to get it fixed.

I've installed it with the offline installer and it worked first time, thank you.

I'll mark your answer as correct, but any thoughts you have on what is going wrong would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines