Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installer doesn't start on Vista

Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have been trying to reload Flash player for the last 8 to 10 days.  when the Google browser stopped letting it run I have loaded Fire fox to use the Flash and it will not start to installer after it downloads I have clicked it several times even tried to right click to run as administrator. The Operating system I have is Vista home 32 bit.

<moderator: edited title to be more clear and concise>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I did not make it clear the download does show it comes in to my system just when I go to click on it to start the installer nothing else happens,  for some reason the installer does not seem to be working to allow me to load it into the system.  

and the second link you sent goes to a blank page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you're on Windows Vista and the online installer isn't launching it's most likely due to the sha256 digital certificate used by the installer.  Some versions of Vista lack the support for sha2 digital certificates.  See this  Microsoft support page  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674 for assistance and to download and install the update to enable your system to support sha256 digital certificates, which will in turn allow the installer to launch.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines