• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Publishing Error

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to publish a RoboHelp X5 project. About twenty minutes into publishing the process fails. I receive a message stating: "Publishing has been cancelled. Connection failed. Native error: The operation timed out." I am then prompted to log back into the server.

I was able to publish the project successfully in the past, but just recently have encountered this problem.

Has anyone encountered this error? Does anyone have a solution? I'm at a loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

It's covered in Snippets on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Are you referring to Snippet #55 on your site, so all we have to do is rename a folder? I'm getting same error, using RoboHelp 7 WebHelp Pro publishing to RoboHelp 7 Server. I have been importing older RH5 projects into RH7, so not sure if that has to do with publishing cancelled error I am getting.

quote:

Webhelp - Publishing Cancelled....The quickest way is to rename the target folder and publish again using the original name, or publish to a new target folder with a different name. After that you can trash the original and rename the new folder.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Rename the existing folder. So change Red to Green

2] Create a new folder that has the same name as you originally had. So create a folder called Red.

You know have a new folder with the same name as the original one so you don't have to change anything in the wizard.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Just want to make sure I understand what the 'target folder' is.

From Properties, if I have Output folder set as:
C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Projects\Project Name\!SSL!\WebHelp_Pro

Is target folder the 'WebHelp_Pro' folder that should be renamed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the curved ball! You hadn't mentioned WebHelp Pro before.

The folder you have indicated is the one to which you generate. The one to which you publish is in the last page of the wizard.

Is this the first time you have published? If it is, then I would ask whether you have RoboEngine installed on the server? If you don't, you then you should be publishing WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. I didn't submit the original post on this thread, but in my first post, I did mention I was using WebHelp Pro, publishing to RoboHelp 7 Server. With WebHelp Pro wizard, you just have 2 pages: on first you define the "Output Folder and Start Page", and then on next page you define your Server Name.

So I guess you are referring to the Destination Path on the last page of the WebHelp wizard. As I am publishing to a server, I am guessing that this renaming of folders will not work for me as I am getting error "Publishing has been cancelled. Connection failed. Please check the connection and post again. Native error: Cannot accept uploading file. Further processing is stopped."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oops, sorry. yes the Destination path is the same thing. However, this message is about the connection so I would check with your IT people. With ordinary webhelp there is a similar message but it is not the connection that causes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp