• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Glossary Hotspot Look and Feel?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to use the Glossary Hotspot functionality in my RoboHelp WebHelp project. However, I do not like display method that RoboHelp uses for its Hotspots (Basically, I love the concept of Hotspots, but I don't like RoboHelp's execution of them). By default, in the generated output, the glossary term is italicized and the definition shows up (also italicized) inline with the text of the help page itself. Ugh.

Can I set up my project to show the definition using a pop-up window (or mouseover window) and not inline? Also, can I change the default italicized text to something else (messing with the .css file for the project perhaps)?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008
Hi ayanna

Changing the look is simple. You edit your style sheet. Click Format > Styles and look in the Character styles section.

Chaging the operation will be difficult. There is no alternative. If you would like to see one added in a future release, please consider submitting a wish form asking for it. You may do that using the link below:

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ayanna

Changing the look is simple. You edit your style sheet. Click Format > Styles and look in the Character styles section.

Chaging the operation will be difficult. There is no alternative. If you would like to see one added in a future release, please consider submitting a wish form asking for it. You may do that using the link below:

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I figured everything was in the style sheet. I will definitely be submitting a "wish" for the operations part of the feature. For those of us doing a lot of customization to our help (and want the luxury of glossary hotspots) this is a bad limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you do not have in-line expanding text that you WANT, you can search-and-replace to change the in-line expanding text to a drop down text in the generated files.

Change (replace) the following:

<a class=glossterm

...with...

<a class=dropspot

...and...

x-popup-type=expanding

...with...

x-popup-type=pulldown

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Linux Rules
Assuming you do not have in-line expanding text that you WANT, you can search-and-replace to change the in-line expanding text to a drop down text in the generated files.

Change (replace) the following:

<a class=glossterm

...with...

<a class=dropspot

...and...

x-popup-type=expanding

...with...

x-popup-type=pulldown

Regards,
GEWB

Thanks for this bit of info...

Seems like the code changed a bit for RoboHelp 7? The generated WebHelp output looks like this in the HTML source:

<a class="glossterm" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id="HotSpot11681">Glossary Term</a> <span class="glosstext" style="display:'none';" id="POPUP11681">Glossary Definition</span>

The class="glossterm" is there and can be changed in the HTML, but there is no x-popup-type=expanding anywhere in the generated HTML. However, it is in the referenced ehlpdhtm.js file. When I looked at .js file, I found the code where this is all defined (won't post it on the forum because I'm not sure if that's ok).

Basically, it looks like I will have to write my own code (and have RoboHelp not reference it's own javascript when generating a hotspot) if I want to customize this to operate how I want it to operate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp