• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What exact AE video settings to use for youtube?

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to release a music video, and i have rendered the video with FPS of 24, mpeg4, i render it out with H.264 YouTube 1080p HD via Adobe Media Encoder CC. But somehow when i upload the video on youtube it is laggy and the quality not as nice as that when i play it locally on my PC. When i watch other music videos on youtube they are all smooth and nice HD. Why is my video laggy? There is something they are doing right and i am doing wrong but i can't figure it out

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

I use the YouTube preset - It should match your frame rate but make sure. I also set to Multi Pass rendering.

YouTube will take time to re-process your video and it won't be available at full quality until they are through processing it. They actually build several streams from your upload and serve up the one that fits the data rate of your connection.

You can even upload video to YouTube that way exceeds their recommended data rate and they will automatically reprocess that. Your original will b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Youtube setting in Adobe Media encoder.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but that's what i did..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you give the video some time to process for HD & are you using the HD setting on Youtube?  Share the link to the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm i used the 24 fps but then when i picked the Preset HDTV 1080 29.97 fps, it now runs without lags. only reduced quality on youtube, but i guess that's out of our control when youtube reduces the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the YouTube preset - It should match your frame rate but make sure. I also set to Multi Pass rendering.

YouTube will take time to re-process your video and it won't be available at full quality until they are through processing it. They actually build several streams from your upload and serve up the one that fits the data rate of your connection.

You can even upload video to YouTube that way exceeds their recommended data rate and they will automatically reprocess that. Your original will be discarded and only the YouTube optimized version will remain. If your video is lagging or skipping on your system then you are either forcing too high a quality or your connection is bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should also look here: Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help . the bit rate recommendations are actually lower than AME. I use the AME youtube preset too. I sometimes would make it a bit higher. if there is a specific issue with your video you could show it to us. before and after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys! i used those recommended settings with 2 passes and i think i got the best quality possible! Broken World - by Harry McKenzie - YouTube I also read somewhere that quality improves over time by youtube lol. probably based on the amount of views..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines