• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email handling

Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to working with email in coldfusion. My problem that I want to know whether my email sent successfully or not?
Anyone can give me a solution.
Many thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean like the mailer-daemon thing? or you want a value to be returned in cf the sending success status as true or false?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a mailsent log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, dongzky, you're right. I still not solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which one is right? the mailer daemon thing? if you want this, then I think all you need to do is set the failto parameter of your cfmail tag with the email you want the failure notification to be sent to.

but if you want your cf app to give you the true or false value, then maybe you should have a mailsent log file mentioned by Dan and make some checkings on that file. you can enable this log in the cf admin under Mail in the server settings. Once enabled, if you're using cf8, the log is usually created/updated in \your_cf8root\ColdFusion8\logs\mailsent.txt every cfmail. There, you can let cf(maybe try doing some cffile) read and parse the file and do some checkings in order for your cf app to determine if the mail has been succesfully sent or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
dongzky, thank you very much. I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation