Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change the default bullet

Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to substitute the standard bullet for a .GIF file that I have.

I understand from the diabolical Adobe help, that I have to make a new style and connect the gif to this. I would of course prefer that I could still use the bullet button in the RoboHelp interface, but in the absence of this I guess I could live with a style - if I could get it to work, but when I apply the style the gif does not appear - nothing does.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc Honore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Format | Styles | New

Then the Format button on the Styles dialog and select Bullets and Numbering.

Click the dialog with the folder icon and select your bullet.

Try using the offline help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of that before asking on the forum, and have tried it several times since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you did it as that wasn't in your post.

How about trying it in a new project with one topic. If it still does not work, zip it up and send it to me via my site.

You have selected the style in the dropdown list?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 7.02.001 and I am generating WebHelpPro

The style is called "bullet". Here is the code from the CSS:

P.bullet {
font-family: Georgia, serif;
color: #646f6f;
font-size: 8pt;
margin-bottom: 9pt;
margin-top: 9pt;
line-height: 150%;
list-style: url("bullet_grey.gif");
}
LI.P-bullet {
font-family: Georgia, serif;
color: #646f6f;
font-size: 8pt;
line-height: 150%;
}

What also disturbs me is thta while fooling around with list formatting - sometimes in Robohelp no bullets appear, but when I generate they do appear. Not the .gif that I want but still..this seems like wacky and unstable behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got it to the point whre - with this style that the bullets are generated OK, but I cannot see them in RoboHelp - this is problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same goes for ordered lists - now the numbers do not appear in RoboHelp, but are visible when I generate the html output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used your definition changing just the image name and it works fine. I suspect something else in your style sheet is causing a conflict.

First try just copying and pasting the bullet definition to one of the supplied stylesheets and then applying that to one topic in your project. If it then displays OK, it sort of confirms what I suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, that sounds like a conflict. Wrong margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I'll have a closer look at this. There may be something in the style sheet, but it differs very little from the standard defautl sheet. I'm a bit out of my depth.

I suspected the margins might be an issue, but side-by-side with lists with no formatting - the margins appear to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me what I need when you are ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CSS reference searches all say that:

should actually read:

list-style-image: url(bullet_grey.gif);

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Leon, this is RH code. :-)

Being more serious, the code that Marc posted worked fine here and I think margins somewhere else in the CSS are causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh, dopey me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp