• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player update "Installation failed"

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First ever experience of the Flash Player update Installation failing.  None of the Flash Player Help suggestions, etc made any difference.
I also ran my utility app, OnyX, restarted computer and tried installing Flash Player update and Installation failed again.
I have a iMac bought in Jan 2010, running OS 10.6.8, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory.

The current Flash Player being used is version 22.0.0.209.

Current browser is Firefox (NPAPI) version48.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you share the Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log and FlashInstallManager.log from the machine. You can go through Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? to see the location of these logs.

Also, could you open terminal and type id and paste the results over here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. For now you could try using the "offline" installer available at Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac​ page in still having problems section.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  still does not resolve the problems.  I went to the page before and today on your suggestion but no change.  I also refuse to uninstall and then install Flash Player because I want to keep what I've got.

Thanks for your help ...hope this will be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the clean uninstall and now I can't re-install Flash Player on my system at all. I have important work tools that use it. I hope this will be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also uninstalled and can't re-install at all. I really need a fix to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron and Andrew,

Can you please share the system and browser details. Post the snapshots of the error dialog you are getting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm primarily using the Firefox 48.0 browser. For this specific edit system only, I'm on Mavericks 10.9.5 / MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Late 2013) / 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Here is the error dialog:

Error Window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the flash player from links in the "Still Having Problems" section @ Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! That worked. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried installing the flash player again, as you instruct Sep 20, 2016 response to Aaronzo, from links in the "Still Having Problems" section @ Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac
No difference, I still get the notice that "Installation Failed".

Installation Failed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my post above. I give the detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same issue as well. I went through all the steps to remove, restart, and reinstall AdobeFlashPlayer_23_a_install , but the install always fails. So, I'm interested in your solution to this.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The "help" page is a do loop that just takes you in circles. I have subscriptions to web pages that only use flash. I wanted to send a get well card on Jacquie Lawson that normally takes 2 minutes. I have now spent hours on this. I tried install, deleting flash etc. To no avail. I have scoured the internet and have not found anyone with a solution that doesn't include being an IT. Although there really weren't any of those either. Just more pointing you at the same useless do loop. I gather this has something to do with Apples security update but there seems no work around that is is intelligible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Immy,

Can you please share your detailed workflow

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@immym75186382 ,

Reading your post it's possible you don't have the same issue as the OP (the other poster didn't have the same issue because the offline installer worked for them, but not the OP).  Please start a new discussion and provide the following information:

Thank you.

--

Maira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this off the "Installation Problems/Flash/Player/MAC page. It worked the first time.

Here is the URL at Adobe

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

It's toward  the bottom of the page. I didn't know what NPAPI was. The responded right away when the subscription I was using prompted the computer to ask "once or always?" so I didn't have to do preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@immym75186382 ,

Sorry, I don't quite understand your post (#16) are you saying the installer posted at the help page did or did not work?  Please clarify.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the one I posted above did work. There was no need to download logs etc. The MAC did it all. There was one prompt after the download was successful. That was when I entered the Jacquie Lawson card subscription page. The MAC asked if this was one time or always. I selected "always" and have been able to send cards this afternoon. So all good.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

This is the page on which I found the flash file that worked.

Flash Player for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI

This is the flash file I downloaded. It booted up in less than a minute. This file is close to the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what portion of the page helped me

Still having problems?

If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer directly from the following sites:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the offline installer worked for you, your issue is not the same as the OP.  The screenshot posted by the OP (post #12) is of the offline installer.  Posting two completely different issues in one thread is very confusing for users who have to wade through multiple issues in one topic.  When in doubt, please start your own topic.

Regarding "The MAC asked if this was one time or always. I selected "always" and have been able to send cards this afternoon."  Do you have Safari 10?  If so, this is new behaviour Apple introduced in Safari 10 for plugins - disabled by default and the user has to enable it, either per use or always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did enable it and I do have Safari10. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Satinder S Bains

answered the question for Aaronzo

That was the answer I needed. So thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem has been solved with my Flash Player install fails.  On the recommendation from Apple support, I updated my iMac OS from 10.6.8 to OS Sierra 10.12.

For some time I hesitated to upgrade since I had a couple of PC apps that I would loose, but I found a work a round.  Needless to say the Adobe Flash Player installed without a hitch.

Truthfully, I went to Apple Support because my iTunes and iPhoto no longer connected once my iPhone upgraded to iOS 10.0.2.

Apple Support recommended erasing the HD and do a clean install of OSX 10.12 and then reinstall all my data from Time Machine backup.

With all hardware OS updated there have been no problems with Flash Player, iTunes or iPhoto/Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear everything worked out for you after upgrading.  It sounds like it could have been a file system issue that was preventing Flash from installing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines