• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen recording

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am investigating options for offering a number of very short screen demos to our users as a quick option for reminding them how to do simple tasks.
A colleague has had a play with Camtasia and suggests that we use that to create demos which we then keep on our website and link to them from the help.
Ideally though, I would like the demos to be within the help as I really don't want these users to have to click through to a website.
Is Adobe Captivate my only option for this or is it possible to use any other software such as Camtasia? Having just upgraded to RH7, I'm not sure my manager will want to pay for more software although I will certainly make a good case for it if necessary.
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has the advantage of being integrated from within RH (via a toolbar icon) but you can create movies using other tools and still have the output in the help rather than a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

In addition to the normally excellent advice Colum has offered, I'll also toss this in. You may wish to investigate acquiring the whole Technical Communication suite. For the cost of two products you will get four!

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks guys, most helpful, as ever!

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp