• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[cs6] How do i clear a clip marker/all clip markers

Participant ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into my keyboard shortcuts and added in my old shortcut to make a clip marker (panels-timeline panel- add clip marker) and now i cannot figure out how to navigate clip markers (used to be shift+right or left) or how to clear them?

I also have a bonus question, this forum has changed since i last used it how to i organise the forums so that all the replies are in their own thread instead of seing a bunch of re: in the forum i would like to see the origional starting topics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

This is the solution right here from Zebbler2, should be higher up^

Double click on the clip which would open it in the source monitor. Then right click on that source monitor's timeline and select "clear all markers" or right click an individual marker and select "clear selected marker"

Mr Eric J‌

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find that myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't find the clip markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find how to do anything with them but set one.  Not sure what good that is if you can't navigate to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yeah same problem as me hopefully someone will answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't right click on the markers to get a menu with delete on it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you park on a marker, you can right click and clear that marker to delete it, or press Option+M. You can also clear all markers with Option+Command+M. Shift+M = next marker Shift+Command+M = previous marker. There were a number of changes to markers, and marker shortcuts in Premiere Pro CS6.

Check out the following resources:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/markers.html

http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/improved-markers-and-importing-from-prelude
http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/premiere-pro/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That info seems to apply to sequence markers, Kevin.  We're talking about CLIP markers.  Seems you guys left out all capability other than setting them.

That's no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim. In the Source monitor I can set clip Markers then right click on them and Clear them individually or Clear All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, but we need to be able to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, but we need to be able to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

Not sure why but keen to hear about that in your workflow..

I set a clip marker in the source and it appears on the clip in the sequence.  If I need to edit it..I double click the clip back to the source monitor.  I can now drag the marker or edit it etc.

Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why but keen to hear about that in your workflow..

Nesting.

I set sequence markers in the edit sequence for where chapter stops will eventually be.  They show up as clip markers once I nest that edit sequence.

My typical work flow is to turn those Clip markers into Sequence markers (for Encore) by skipping along from one to the next.

Can't do that now (or at least, not nearly as easily) without the ability to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I too use markers in the timeline. All the time.  I found a work-around, in case you have not already done this. If you double clike the clilp in the timeline, which opens it in the source monitor, you can clear all markers in the soure monitor, and it clears the markers in the clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still intuitively feel like there should be a way to delete all clip markers on all of my clips within a particular sequence.

I received a really cluttered by markers sequence from an editor and I really need to delete them all to stop them from snapping me to wrong sequence areas for micro edits.  But since there are so many clips, clicking them all to delete the markers in the source window is very painstaking.  It would be so easy if I could just highlight all of the clips in the sequence, right click them and select... "delete all clip markers".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution right here from Zebbler2, should be higher up^

Double click on the clip which would open it in the source monitor. Then right click on that source monitor's timeline and select "clear all markers" or right click an individual marker and select "clear selected marker"

Mr Eric J‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project, premiere 2014 or 2015, with markers on a multiclip timeline,  following the above and "clear all markers" in source panel does nothing that I can see.  I have to clear each individual markers separately.  PIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig's right: other than adding markers to a selected clip, all *clip* marker ops are done in the Source Monitor.  But do not forget that dragging the playhead while holding the Shift key will snap the playhead to a clip marker as you pass it during the drag.

As always, this page is the place to make your opinions known: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dragging the playhead while holding the Shift key will snap the playhead to a clip marker

That helps, but it was still easier (and more importantly, quicker) with the keyboard navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm evidently missing some black magic here on holding down shift and moving the playhead. When I do that to a nested sequence that has markers in CS6, it doesn't snap at all. A shortcut for "next clip marker" would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleas let Adobe know directly.  The more that do, the better the chance of getting it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Bellune wrote:

...As always, this page is the place to make your opinions known: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form...

Thanks Jeff i let them know that i would appreciate the return of navigating clip markers via keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I'm stating something obvious, but does everyone here know that you can customize your keyboard shortcuts?

Many (most?) of the keyboard shortcuts were changed between CS5.5 and CS6. However, there is a keyboard custom preset for CS5.5, so you can select that.

That being said, it DOES NOT exactly work as advertised. There are still some shortcuts - such as clip and sequence marker navigation - that still do not return to their previous keyboard shortcuts after setting keyboard presets to CS5.5.

But you just go in the custom keyboard dialog, select the function and add your keyboard combo back in, easy as pie. Save it as "Mr. Fancy Pants Custom Keyboard Shortcut Bonanza" and you'll have it with you always and forever. Or until CS7 anyway.

There IS a new shortcut option directly for Encore shortcuts however, which is NICE since it used to be a three step process to create an Encore chapter marker in sequence. Now it's a keyboard shortcut (for me, it's CTRL+*). Also added back the ALT+0 shortcut to clear sequence markers on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go in the custom keyboard dialog, select the function

That's just it, it ain't there anymore!  There is no way to define a keyboard shortcut for Next Clip Marker.

(Or if it is, none of us so far have been able to find it, even with Search.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip. I can't believe it's that unintuitive to remove a clip marker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines