• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw image support for Canon 5D Mk IV

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my camera in today! The new Canon 5d mark iv! I've been waiting so long and was so excited to receive it. I started shooting about the house getting used to the new features, moved the files over to my Macbook and wasn't able to open them in adobe photoshop or lightroom. From what I understand the images won't be accessible until the new updates are available. Does anybody know how long I have to wait to use my new camera in raw? When will the new updates be out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

See the thread right next to this one: LR compatibility with Canon 5D Mark iv raw file format?

Basically it will take until the next Lightroom update for support to appear. It is not known when that will happen. Probably will not take long but might be a few weeks to a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the thread right next to this one: LR compatibility with Canon 5D Mark iv raw file format?

Basically it will take until the next Lightroom update for support to appear. It is not known when that will happen. Probably will not take long but might be a few weeks to a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your estimation, which is however very general when it comes to such an important camera model as a new 5D..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's the way it is with Adobe (and several other software manufacturers), you won't get exact answers as to when the update will come because Adobe never announces release dates in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes true. This doesn't make this behavior any more pleasing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,,

Lightroom CC (2015.7) and Lightroom 6.7 are now available and it includes support for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.

Please update Lightroom to latest version from Help>>Updates menu.

Release notes:-Lightroom CC 2015.7 now available

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, please notify your superiors that the Mac OS X updater for Lightroom 2015.7 is broken. It gives a corrupted download error when you use the creative cloud app to initiate the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JaovdL,

Could you please PM me the error code and the log from Log Collector Tool

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the CameraRaw_9_7.pkg update and installed but I still cannot import images from the Canon 5D Mark IV into Lightroom. Is this the correct update? Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct update. No version of Camera Raw has any effect on Lightroom. Don't bother downloading Camera Raw for Lightroom.

You need Lightroom 6.7 or Lightroom CC 2015.7, download it from

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the adobe lightroom cc 2015.7 and yet it cannot see any files from my mark4. Is this still a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've downloaded. Have you installed?

Open Lightroom then click Help (Win) or Photoshop Lightroom (Mac) > About Lightroom.

Which version is shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. Yes I have installed it and it is showing me my version is 2015.7 with camera raw 9.7 installed. If I check under the creative cloud window, my camera raw application is up to date and i do not have any option to upgrade anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tummy31 wrote:

I have downloaded the adobe lightroom cc 2015.7 and yet it cannot see any files from my mark4. Is this still a problem?

Tell us exactly what step you are trying in Lightroom when "it cannot see" the files. Please be very specific and describe what happens. If there is an error message, please state the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message. Also please answer the questions from John Waller​ above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

1.  I first use the cable that came with the camera and attach it to both the laptop and the camera.

2.  I either switch on the camera first or load up lightroom cc first.

3.  I go to the IMPORT link and click on it.

4.  I choose the camera from the sidebar and wait for photos to appear for me to move or copy. The camera type it can see. I can choose the camera. But in the middle part of the lightroom window, it says NO PHOTO. However, when I use the canon provided program eos utility 3, it sees the photo from the camera that is attached to the laptop.

5.  There's a somewhat weird issue here though. Sometimes maybe 1 out of so  many tries to link the camera to the program, it shows me the content of the cards.

6.  Just in case this has any bearing to my query, I am using a canon 5D mark IV now with a 16gb compact flash sandisk extreme pro, and a 32 gb sdhc sandisk extreme pro. I tried and shot both jpg and raw on both and Lightroom cc could not see the files at all.

7.  What I have not tried is to remove card from camera and do the transfer with the use of card readers.

8. My current workaround that i have seen seem to work is to use canon app to download to laptop then from there import from that subfolder to lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tummy31 wrote:

7. What I have not tried is to remove card from camera and do the transfer with the use of card readers.

Please give this a try. While I can't explain why this happens, it has been reported that Lightroom sometimes has problems reading the camera card via cable, even when other software doesn't have this problem. Also, you might want to check to make sure the cable is properly and firmly inserted at both ends. And you also might want to try a different USB port.

Thank you for the extremely well written explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried removing the card and doing the transfer using the laptop's internal card reader and it works.

So now the only issue here is the connectivity between the camera itself and lightroom or the MacBook Pro itself.

As for the cable and USB port, I believe it is working just fine because it can detect the camera. So I really do not know anymore what else to do but maybe wait for adobe to finally look into this issue again and come up with a new update? I hope soon.

It is a blessing in disguise when I was forced to switch to lightroom because all the threads I have read pointed to the fact that lightroom works with the mark IV even though it is not working for me at the moment. I found that the post processing coming from the lightroom program to be better than that of aperture (it used to be the other way around for me). Saying that, I do hope adobe will look into this issue and fix the problem. I also do not know if i am the only one experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a hardware expert, but I don't believe you have ruled out this is a hardware problem. In particular, I suggested trying a different USB port, and it doesn't sound like you did that. I also sugested you make sure the cable is properly inserted/connected at both ends, and it doesn't sound like you did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other USB issue, I will retry again tonight. As to inserting the cable properly at both ends, i kept doing that even before the suggestion.

So I am left to retry the different USB slot. just in case it is just as simple as that.

Will revert back any result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So I tried using all the USB ports on my MacBook Pro and still adobe lightroom cc can't find my photos. I have also tried inserting the cable firmly than previously done, still does not work.

I really just hope that when the next update hits, this issue will have been resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried connecting the mark IV to my wife's laptop which is running OS X Yosemite still... It can see the photo in the camera. However with OS X Sierra, it cannot. So it means that this is a MacBookPro OS problem now.

At least now I know.

Thanks and crossing fingers apple fixes the problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just got my 5DmarkIV, using Yosemite OS 10.10.4. When trying to import files, Lightroom 6.0 desktop version sees the camera and identifies it as 5Dm4, even shows the preview pics, but when it comes to importing, it says that it can't read / import the CR2 files.  I get a dialog box prompting me to update Lightroom, but that fails even though connected to the internet.

Even downloaded Lightroom 6.8, but it seems to have installed the same 6.0 version I already had, and same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download the 6.8 update. I suspect you downloaded the full install of just 6.

LR Download 1.PNG

Depending on the OS you are running.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found the correct link for the update to 6.8, and everything works likes a charm now. Thank you.

To: Ulrich Specks <uspecks@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 4:55 PM

Subject: Raw image support for Canon 5D Mk IV

Raw image support for Canon 5D Mk IV

created by Just Shoot Me in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionYou have to download the 6.8 update. I suspect you downloaded the full install of just 6.    Depending on the OS you are running. Install Photoshop Lightroom If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9210890#9210890 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9210890#9210890 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

1.  I first use the cable that came with the camera and attach it to both the laptop and the camera.

2.  I either switch on the camera first or load up lightroom cc first.

3.  I go to the IMPORT link and click on it.

4.  I choose the camera from the sidebar and wait for photos to appear for me to move or copy. The camera type it can see. I can choose the camera. But in the middle part of the lightroom window, it says NO PHOTO. However, when I use the canon provided program eos utility 3, it sees the photo from the camera that is attached to the laptop.

5.  There's a somewhat weird issue here though. Sometimes maybe 1 out of so  many tries to link the camera to the program, it shows me the content of the cards.

6.  Just in case this has any bearing to my query, I am using a canon 5D mark IV now with a 16gb compact flash sandisk extreme pro, and a 32 gb sdhc sandisk extreme pro. I tried and shot both jpg and raw on both and Lightroom cc could not see the files at all.

7.  What I have not tried is to remove card from camera and do the transfer with the use of card readers.

8. My current workaround that i have seen seem to work is to use canon app to download to laptop then from there import from that subfolder to lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines