Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV does not import photos into Lightroom CC2015/16 Raw 9.6

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought myself a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. I tried to import my photos into the latest version of Lightroom CC2015/16 Raw 9.6.

Lightroom programme does neither recognise the camera nor the photo cr2 format.

What can I do to continue using Lightroom for photo importing or editing?

Thank you

Rgds,

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Hi Everyone,,

Lightroom CC (2015.7) and Lightroom 6.7 are now available and it includes support for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.

Please update Lightroom to latest version from Help>>Updates menu.

Release notes:-Lightroom CC 2015.7 now available

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera will probably be supported in the next update to Lightroom, which most likely will happen in a few weeks time.

Se also Timing of Lightroom releases and Next scheduled update for LR/CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Annoying, but do not despair. LR will need to be updated before it can support 5D Mark IV raw files. Now that the camera is shipping this should happen in a month or so. Meanwhile, get the latest Canon software and batch-convert the new-format raw files to TIFF for importing into LR. Keep your raw files as well for when they are supported in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm paying Creative Cloud each month

I cannot use it now with my new Canon EOS 5D mark IV

What Adobe will do to assume this issue on the commercial point of view?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will update CC soon. Be patient. Download the Canon software and you can convert the new .cr2 files to TIFFs for use in Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm paying Creative Cloud each month

I cannot use it now with my new Canon EOS 5D mark IV

What Adobe will do to assume this issue on the commercial point of view?

Adobe is working on an update for the Mark IV. No-one forced you to buy it now before Adobe software support is ready.

Use the Canon DPP software which came with the camera until Adobe releases an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

I know DPP exist!

Just please consider I was using Lightroom with my previous Canon EOS 6D and just switched to 5D MarkIV and you will have an other picture...

My Lightroom is set for edition, modifications and printing

No comment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you reading the replies? Adobe WILL update the CC software and it WILL work with your Mark IV .cr2 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do you read the questions!!!

I was answering to John Waller and "No-one forced you to buy it now before Adobe software support is ready."

Where am I?

Who are you to give answer in such terms?

I know for sure Adobe will make an update

Adobe have very nice softwares but a poor customer service

I remember how long it took to have pdf miniatures with 64bits windows

I consider Adobe SHOULD anticipate a new camera like the 5D Mark IV to maintain service available

Final dot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consider Adobe SHOULD anticipate a new camera like the 5D Mark IV to maintain service available

1. Adobe has the same access to new cameras that you have. No preferential treatment from camera manufacturers. They're now working on it.
  2. Camera manufacturers can include the DNG format on their cameras. Not just Raw and JPG. Then no updates are required and you, the customer, are not inconvenienced waiting for Adobe updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to point number 1; that's nonsense. A pre-release version of Camera Raw was distributed to photographers along with preproduction copies of the camera body. The insufferable Jared Polin has included converted DNGs with his review. Adobe and Canon do have a partnership. There isn't any further reverse engineering that needs to be done at this point.  The software already exists.

Adobe and Canon both could do a much better job at communicating with regards to software availability.  Have the software available by release date, or at least communicate when it will be available. Their customers both pay out the nose for their wares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "

As to point number 1; that's nonsense. A pre-release version of Camera Raw was distributed to photographers along with preproduction copies of the camera body. The insufferable Jared Polin has included converted DNGs with his review. Adobe and Canon do have a partnership. There isn't any further reverse engineering that needs to be done at this point.  The software already exists.

Adobe and Canon both could do a much better job at communicating with regards to software availability.  Have the software available by release date, or at least communicate when it will be available. Their customers both pay out the nose for their wares."

You are living in a dream world. You purchased a Camera from Canon and they provided you with the hardware i.e the camera and also with the software to process the the raw files if necessary. To wit you received what you paid for.

Adobe can only finalise support for the new camera model when a production model is available in the market and the profiles etc have been tested by their quality control prior to release. "Adobe and Canon have a partnership" that is also part of your dream.

Your reference to pre- release versions of ACR etc. are probably "Beta" versions and still in the testing phase and not available for release to the general public.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad a retired bank manager like yourself has the inside track. There's plenty of evidence out there that Adobe and Canon collaborate on software. Including the review copies coming with pre-release DNG conversion software.

You sound like you have low expectations of service from these companies. Is that Stockholm syndrome talking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This retired bank manager has been working with RAW camera files since 2004 (ACR 2.4) and knows that no camera manufacturer produces a new camera model which outputs raw files with the exact specifications and profiles as a previous model. So its not a copy / paste operation for Adobe to add support for the new camera model.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never said it was. Only said communication could be better and that conversion software is obviously been worked on before the camera was released. You swooped in to white knight Adobe for some reason. Guess everyone has their fan base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess its not easy for the Americans to read or understand Japanese very well, and the majority of camera manufacturers write Japanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to understand that to Canon, Adobe is just one of several companies that tries to support their raw files. Canon isn't concerned whether Adobe software can read their new models. Canon provides their software. Other "third party" companies such as Adobe are left to their own engineering to support the new models. You can complain as long as you want to. But Adobe will release an update that includes that camera when Adobe is ready to do so. Pouting or ranting isn't going to speed things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Never said it was. Only said communication could be better and that conversion software is obviously been worked on before the camera was released. You swooped in to white knight Adobe for some reason. Guess everyone has their fan base."

Obviously but it can never be finalised before the camera has been released and the quality testing been completed.

I am not an Adobe "fan base" and the other software I use have to go through the same process as Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note that this question is marked as unanswered. But it has been answered. "Be patient."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,,

Lightroom CC (2015.7) and Lightroom 6.7 are now available and it includes support for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.

Please update Lightroom to latest version from Help>>Updates menu.

Release notes:-Lightroom CC 2015.7 now available

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many folks encountered failure in download/update on the latest mac os though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddiew,

We are working on it and will share updates soon.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I bought - telecharges Lightromom 6 today, but may canon 5D mark 4 raw pictures are not recognized.

Regards,

Jean-Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to Lightroom 6.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines