• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash update 'Connection failure' error

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, almost every time I have to update Flash (which is WAY too often, it seems), I get a 'connection failure' error. Someone from here points me to a stand alone, offline update. I hope that someone shows up again.

I'm on a Late 2013, 15 inch, MacBook Pro, OS 10.11.6 and sing Safari, if that matters.

Why don't the updates work for me? It has worked once, but multiple other times it doesn't.

Why can't I find a place to download the offline update from Adobe? I can't seem to find anything current and from Adobe. Am I just missing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you provide us Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log logs from the affected machine. This will help us in getting the issue resolved. Also open terminal from finder and type id. Copy paste the result here.

For now, the offline Flash Player is available on Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac​ page in 'still having problems sections'.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know how to find the logs you've asked for.

Result from terminal window

idLast login: Tue Sep 20 18:40:42 on console

Macabre-9:~ Bron$ id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can go through Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?​ to see the location of the logs. Please upload the logs on Document cloud, refer to How to share a document​  for information.

Once you open terminal and type id, it will give information like uid=<some value> groups=<some value>. We just want the information to check if you are a member of any user wheel group.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have any idea what these logs are that you're asking for. i did a search for them, but came up empty. I can certainly post the results from id on the Terminal, but I'm not sure what it means, so don't feel to comfortable posting any of it on a public forum. I'm sure it's benign info, but I'm an idiot when it comes to OS.

If you can explain what it is to me, I'll feel more comfortable.

Thanks for the link to the offline flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

offline installer gave me the same result  I've done everything suggested in the 'installation problems".  The result is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the offline installer is also not working could you try restarting your machine once because the above mentioned issue should not be seen with the offline installer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the screenshot of the error you are getting, that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to four "log" files Shared Files - Acrobat.com

and the screenshots are here Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I got as far as 'enabling verbose logging" but couldn't understand what I had to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up waiting for a reply to my last post and asked a friend (who is a computer technician) to look at the problem.  He fixed it in a few minutes without needing any of the information from the logs that were asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bronwyn,

We are happy to know that your issue is fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines