Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XP/Vista: Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 doesn't work in Opera and Chromium

Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After flash updated to version 23.0.0.162 PPAPI plugin stop working in all Chromium based browsers (except Chrome, because Chrome use integrated PPAPI version 22.0.0.209). Chromium based browsers (Chromium 49, Opera 36) on flash content show message "couldn't load plugin."

In IE and Firefox Flash plugin work fine (and Chrome too because use 22 ppapi plugin version).

I replace pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll to ppapi dll version 22.0.0.209 from Chrome and Chromium based browsers start showing flash content again.

Please fix PPAPI dll. This trouble stole 3 hours of my time.

Browsers: Opera 36, Chromium 49

<moderator:  Edited title to more accurately reflect issue>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

This issue is fixed in the latest release 23.0.0.185 released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having the same problem with Opera. Please fix this A.S.A.P.!! This is effecting my job at home!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your OS Windows, you can replace pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll in your system to pepflashplayer.dll from Chrome browser and rename it to pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll

This fix work fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Chrome since it will no longer support by Windows Vista. I'm using Opera! I'm completely clueless to what your talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uninstall Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 from Control Panel.

2. Download Flash PPAPI plugin 22.0.0.209 from

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_22_ppapi...

3. Install it.

4. Be Happy .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you thank you a million times.  Three hours of my trying to fathom this out with various online ideas and you gave the perfect solution. x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Могущество в Единстве​'s ​solution helped me.  Thank you. 

Make sure to select the option NOT to update Adobe for the future.

You must install version 22 or lower.  Download Flash PPAPI plugin 22.0.0.209. 

Anything higher than 23+ breaks it.  I had to uninstall 23 PPAPI.

I'm using Opera on a WIn XP machine.

Extra notes:

Google / YouTube was forcing my vidoes to HTML 5 which is not well supported.

If you cannot solve the problem, use the old Google browser in the meantime.  Although Google stopped supporting it for Win XP, it still works.  Just use an older Flash plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message;

1. Uninstall Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 from Control Panel.

2. Download Flash PPAPI plugin 22.0.0.209 from

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_playe r_22_ppap...

3. Install it.

4. Be Happy .

Works like a charm!!!

Regards,

Tony Capobianco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you Acapobia and m_vargas!! After four hours of work flash player seems to work with Opera 36 an PPAPI 22.0.0.209.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With My OS being Vista, It appears I am only able to have Opera 36.0 on my system. Following advice given I have downloaded Flash Player(fp_22.0.0.209 and am now able to view content I wasn't able to before. I worry though that in doing this I am at greater risk of my computer being exposed to all kinds of viruses and malware, so can somebody tell me please when the latest version of Flash Player will be released that addresses the problems afflicting Flash Player when used in conjunction with Opera browser. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your concern about using an old version of Flash, and am waiting for Adobe to release a version which is both safe and which will work on Vista/Opera.  Meanwhile, you might consider downloading and using Firefox--I've found that Firefox does work fine with the latest Flash version on my Vista machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David. Yes, I do have Firefox, although for some reason it doesn't work terribly well on my laptop, it's a bit slow and clunky.

Opera works much better with the exception, of course, of Flash Player at the present time, although things are temporarily if not ideally corrected..

I do hope they sort the problem out soon. At present I'm using my laptop in Sandboxie mode a lot of the time when accessing the outdated, but working in Vista and Opera, version 22.0.0.209 of Flash Player.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the security concern and we don't normally recommend downgrading to a previous version.  if you opt into Background Updates, Flash Player will update (so long as you have an internet connection) within 24 hours of a new version being released.  To opt into Background Updates:

• Launch Control Panel, ensure Classic View is selected
  • Look for the Flash Player item listed and open in
  • In Flash Player Settings Manager go to the Updates tab
  • Select 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but if I do as you suggest will it not mean the most recent update, which stopped Flash Player working in Opera and which I uninstalled will once more download  and make Flash Player inoperable in Opera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Sorry,  I meant you can make the change after the update is released.  I suspect for now you have disabled updates (notification and background).  Of course, if you opt into notificaton updates (update option: Notify me when updates are available) you'll be notified within 7 days of the new version being released.  I would just make a note (or calendar/task reminder) to check next Tuesday for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you, I will do this. At the moment the offending update would appear to be

Opera, Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI23.0.0.162

Next Tuesday I will check to see if a new update appears and will download it, hoping the problem in Windows Vista and Opera has been resolved.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this email message....

"If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9049399#9049399 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer"

I'm probably being a bit obtuse, but I'm afraid I can't see any "correct" message I can click.

Alternatively, do you want me to type "correct" in reply?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be logged into the forums to see the 'Correct Answer' button:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel x wrote:

If your OS Windows, you can replace pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll in your system to pepflashplayer.dll from Chrome browser and rename it to pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll

This fix work fine for me.

Google is no longer updating Chrome on XP, as such, they are no longer releasing Flash Player updates.  You'll most likely end up with an older version of Flash by doing this.

In the interim, you can revert back to version 22.0.0.209 by downloading it from the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions  page.  Download the package fp_22.0.0.209_archive.zip​.  Extract the contents and go into the 22.0.0.209 folder.  Then use the installer file named flashplaye22_0r0_209_winpep.exe.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pavelx43304547

Does it work if you use the latest version of Opera (39) and Chromium (55)? 

@kbrakeall​,

What operating system and browser(s) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is Windows Vista. The browser I'm using is Opera. Version 36.0.01230.80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas написал(а):

@pavelx43304547

Does it work if you use the latest version of Opera (39) and Chromium (55)?

How can @pavelx43304547 ​ use Opera (39), if the latest Opera version supported in Windows XP is Opera (36)???

pavelx43304547 14.09.2016 4:44

Browsers: Opera 36, Chromium 49

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Opera version which support Windows XP is 36, Chromium is 49.

Today I read in other post about the same trouble with PPAPI version 23.0.0.162 on MacOS, and this trouble fixed only in version 23.0.0.166. So latest PPAPI Win plugin also need fix from 23.0.0.166.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pavelx43304547: The Mac PPAPI issue on Chrome is most likely not related. I'm trying to get a hold of a WinXP system to test this.

@kbrakeall​:  I'm not able to locate version 36.0.01230.80.  On the Opera website (Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free ) Opera 36.0.2130.32 is the closest 36 version.  I downloaded that onto my Vista test machine, but it's not launching.  Working on trying to find a solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines