• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash (v.23.0.ri) crashes on Firefox

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac OS is 10.9.5 and I have a regularly occurring problem with Shockwave Flash (v.23.0.ri) crashing on Firefox. I often load different videos on separate windows or tabs at the same time. For a while, they each play normally and then the spinning beach ball appears and paralyzes Firefox. I cannot get out of the application to select the Finder or  anything else. To escape I must jump to an alternate Desktop. Then I go to Activity Monitor and quit the offending Shockwave routine, unlocking Firefox and causing all of the loaded videos to need refreshing. No problem using Safari.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.  That doesn't look like one of our version numbers, which is a little concerning.

If you right-click on some Flash content, you should get a context menu that shows the full version number.  It should be something like 23.0.0.xxx.

I'm not aware of a new widespread hang in Flash Player on Mac.

A couple things would help me track it down:

- If it happens fairly consistently, a discrete set of steps that reproduces it

- Type about:crashes in the firefox address bar, and look for a corresponding timestamp to the hang you encountered.

- Click the link to submit it to Mozilla's crash analysis system, then give me the link for the resulting page.

- (You don't need to wait for the processing to complete.  Once you've clicked the link, Firefox will handle it in the background.)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Control click did not offer the version number, but I got this 1st PDF by checking the Add On link

The next 2 PDFs are from the list of crashes. Does any of this tell you anything? It’s all Greek to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to attach a document, forums software doesn't accept PDFs, only images (JPG or PNG).  If you want to provide a PDF or anything else, you can upload it to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the images in JPG form:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't send attachments via email.  You need to follow the link to the forums and add them from your web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here acrash report 1.jpegcrash report 2.jpegre the jpg images:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see here, these are both Firefox crashes.  The first one, for sure.  The second one I'm pretty positive about, but I'd need to look at the stack trace to be sure.

The address of those pages, or just the IDs of the submitted crashes from about:crashes (they would probably be purple and look like bp-blahblahblah) would be more useful than the screenshot.  I need all the stack trace information and details on similar crashes, etc.  Some of the data I want to copy into tools for interpretation, etc... the actual text is way more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the addresses of some of those crash report pages in "about crashes":

@ shutdownhang - Firefox 46.0.1 Crash Report - Report ID: aff6bfc1-4b81-4de2-813f-620…

- Firefox 46.0.1 Crash Report - Report ID: f05704dc-daeb-4396-bd74-187b92…

- Firefox 46.0.1 Crash Report - Report ID: 98cf6f89-c358-498e-8b95-8a9ec2160921

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IDs on the first two are truncated, so that doesn't help me see them. 

If you go to about:crashes, you can right-click on a submitted link (submitted links start with 'bp-'), and you can choose Copy Link Location.  Just paste that.

That said, the third one is complete, and it's also not a Flash Player crash.  All three of the crashes that I have been able to look at are all crashes in Firefox, and they're weird.  In fact, all of the reports from that bottom link you posted come from a total of four unique machines (out of ~450 million daily firefox sessions).

My takeaway is that something is probably wrong with either the installation or the underlying OS.

I'd recommend doing some housekeeping, then a fresh install of Firefox:

See the "Try Disk Utility" section:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

While you're there, choose Repair Filesystem Permissions (Verify will frequently return clean, but then Repair will still fix a bunch of problems).

At that point, if it were me, I'd make sure that any pending updates for MacOS were applied and then do a fresh install of Firefox.

Can FireFox be uninstalled and reinstalled without losing settings, preferences and bookmarks? | Fir...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll have to try your suggestions. I haven’t run Disk Utility in over a year so that’s a possible easy fix.

In the mean time, here are those address you asked for:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-aff6bfc1-4b81-4de2-813f-620762160917

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-f05704dc-daeb-4396-bd74-187b92160804

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-9cd2e9ff-e754-413e-a5de-cddae2160729

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, none of these are ours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines