• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you apply a new skin

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having trouble changing the skin applied to my WebHelp project in RoboHelp 2015. I have a project with a corporate skin applied. Now I need to use an entirely different skin (not a modified version of my existing skin). How do I apply the new skin to my project? I have the new skin in the Skin Gallery and I can select it from the Output Settings. When I generate the help I get the old look and feel. My current skin is NOT in the gallery and I cannot select it in the Output Settings but it is always applied to the project. So how do I change the skin used?

This cannot be that hard to do. The help says that after the skin is in the gallery I can select it and use it for the output. Not that I can tell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does the video linked below help you?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

The project is conditionalized. I don't know if that matters. The skin I want (CGN Skin) is in the Skins folder with other skins and I can select it (it highlights). However, when I open the WebHelp Settings to generate the project, there is no Skin option under Content Categories and when I click Content <Default>, the dialog has no Skin option. In short, there's no way to select the CGN skin. Whenever I build the project, it gives me the Blue Coat Skin (even though the condition is Not Bluecoat. See screen shots.

output_setup.jpg

WebHelpSettings_dialog.jpgContent_Default_screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the "Navigation" section of that SSL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the correct skin by selecting it on the Navigation screen. So thank you! 

One more question: I need to use different button colors (book, topic, and navigation) from those that are part of the "CGN" skin. If you select a different color for the book, topic, and navigation buttons in the skin wizard, when you build the help, it doesn't change the button colors.  Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should change if you've edited it in the Skin Editor & then told the SSL output to use the edited skin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little background: The Help file we've had trouble with came with software that our company acquired -- we inherited that Help file. For whatever reason, using the skins editor to change the buttons didn't work. We had to replace the images in the skins folder with images from the help we use with our flagship product to get the right button shapes and colors. It looks like we're all set now, but I don't understand why the skins editor didn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My own guess here is that there is more than one skin in play that has a similar name. But as I said, it's just a guess.

Hard to say for certain what may be happening as we cannot see the project first hand. Maybe if you were to record a video showing the changes you are (or were) making along with what you are doing when you prepare to generate we might see something that leads us to a definitive answer. But it sounds like you have now managed to solve it.

If you do happen to really want to get to the bottom of it, I might suggest recording a screencast and sharing here for all of us to watch and offer opinions on.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp