• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have too many devises authorized for Adobe Digital Editions, but cannot deauthorize

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use Digital Editions on any devices because there are too many authorized, but I am unable to deauthorize any devices because there is no deauthorize button when I go into settings.  It is just asking me to authorize.  I have deauthorized my desktop, but I still could not authorize my phone after doing so.  Can I deauthorize from the web?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL+SHIFT+D should deauthorize.

Further instructions here:
http://www.wccls.org/library2gohelp/troubleshooting/deauthorizing-and-reauthorizing-adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already deauthorized my desktop using command shift d and I deauthorized one device but still cannot access my account on my iphone because "too many devices are authorized".  I am using a Mac and the keys for deauthorizing devices from a pc are ctrl shift e and those keys don't work and aren't all on a Mac.  I have checked all the devices I had authorized and they don't have the deauthorize button active when I get to the settings.  They are not currently authorized in any account.  I believe my account is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/digital-editions-requests-authorization-launch.html

You can chat with Adobe customer service and they'll get you a lot further than I can. I'm not an employee; just a Reader user who helps out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried their chat.  They referred me to this.  I like Mac support better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE and the entire Adobe ADEPT DRM infrastructure is extremely badly implemented and very poorly supported.

It is amazing what bad products an otherwise reputable company can produce.

Exact opposite end of the spectrum from what I have heard of Mac support.

Deauthorization on a Mac is cmd-shift-D (computer) and cmd-shift-E (device).

Online chat should be able to help but some (most?) of the operators are not properly trained.

Try again and hope to get a better operator. 

Online chat is the only way I have heard of people getting authorizations reset.

Totally amateur that there is no webpage to view and edit authorizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Totally amateur that there is no webpage to view and edit authorizations."

Apple has none for iTunes. I think it has to do with the software being free. It then becomes the user's responsibility to keep track of authorizations. Adobe Creative suite, Windows, Office... All have limited installation and all are kept very close track of by the manufacturer. All are expensive too. Coincidence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how nad the support is for Adobe Digital Editions.  First off the accounts page should have authorized devices listed with a deauthorize button.  Ive been teying to download a book to my tablet using Overdrive console but it keeps telling that there is something wrong with the ID and password. They say to contact Adobe Support to check the number of authorized devices.

Now, there's a joke. I've been on hold now for nearly two hours.  BREAKING NEWS they just answered but can't help.  They said I should get a call back in 24 to 48 hours.  Don't know of I can hold my breath that long.   I've now been trying to solve this problem for 4 hours.  Sheeze!

Message was edited by: aleitch001 OBTW, I tried the online chat and they said they couldn't help because ADE was a free app. Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to create a new account with another email address.  I still have access to the books that were on my desktop on my desktop, but not on my phone and I lost a few library books, but they can be borrowed again for free.  It was a much saner solution than trying to talk to Adobe Tech.

iTunes does allow deauthorizing devices from a desktop logged into my account.  I had to do it when my pc crashed and I needed to deauthorize it and then authorize a new computer.  I had to call for help.  It wasn't easy but the support was there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yeah, they're really helpful. they say they can't help & we should ask our questions(s) in ... the Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another vote for "amateur hour" and completely unhelpful chat support. "Please see the forums"---I am either a non-English speaker typing from a script (the same answer over and over) or I am a robot (in which case I am much more confident that our subservience to the robot overlords will be a really long-term project).

Adobe (is this thing on?) you NEED to provide a way of listing and deauthorizing devices from a user's WEB ACCOUNT!

p.s. YOU SUCK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Online support is a total misnomer. I just had a chat with a complete idiot who wrote nonsense and who asked questions I had answered and then had the nerve to ask if there was anything else he could help with, havingavoided doing what one supposes he is paid for. One suspects Adobe's future is likely to be a short one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines