Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording of Oracle based software

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to create training for staff on how to use our Housing Management System called Northgate.

This software is an Oracle based database which is the main software used by our organisation.

When I am recording, it is fine, and it records all of the clicks etc, but when in Training Mode (where the user has to interact to get to the next stage) it is not showing the text I input on the screen until you click the next box.

I think this will lead to a lot of confusion.

We think this is due to the application being Oracle based, as we have no trouble recording tutorials on Word or Outlook for example.

Please can someone help? We are trying to put a business case together for buying the software and it really depends on whether it will work with Northgate or not.

Many thanks
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Tenille

In cases like this, we normally recommend that you use some sort of a remoting application to establish a remote connection to the desktop you wish to record. Then drive the application remotely and record using Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources