Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 23 won't install on Mac OSX El capitan

Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to update Adobe Flash I am able to dl the .dmg and launch it. The installer asks for my password, and after a second I get this box:

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 4.02.57 PM.png

I've tried the offline installer as well as rebooting in safe mode. Same result. I'm using a MacBook Pro on El Capitan, OSX 10.11.6

Here's a pastebin file with the generated report

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link you posted returns the following:  This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

What is the name of the file that is returning this error?

You can upload the report to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a document) and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to upload. The file name is flash.pages.  .pages is not a valid file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I'm sorry! I use iWork. Sometimes I forget to export as a .doc

One more time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  The crash log you provided is for the online installer and I have forwarded it to the team that handles the online installer.  Can you try using the installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines