Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Fix Error 16 configuration error, Mac os 10.11.6, purchased not cloud LR

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased Lightroom and am not on creative cloud.

When I try to start LR I keep getting error message saying Configuration Error 16, re-install product.

Please explain how to fix  - as this is a sporadic problem but happening more and more.

Mac os 10.11.6, LR v. 6.6

many thanks, Teri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

And did you follow all the instructions? To Click the Lock Icon, type in your Admin password and then the Gear Icon to Apply to enclosed items?

Just because a higher folder has proper permissions doesn't mean what is inside that folder has those same permission. Same goes for higher folders. If the higher folder doesn't have the correct permissions it doesn't matter what the lower folder or files have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here.

Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

It is a folder/file permissions error/problem as stated in the article I posted a link to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but article doesn’t describe how to access these folders — saw the article but didn’t understand where these folders are…

thanks for answering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much -- will try this now and let you know how it went, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder permissions were set up correctly -- there was nothing to be changed...

What to do next, as I keep getting this error problem...

thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you follow all the instructions? To Click the Lock Icon, type in your Admin password and then the Gear Icon to Apply to enclosed items?

Just because a higher folder has proper permissions doesn't mean what is inside that folder has those same permission. Same goes for higher folders. If the higher folder doesn't have the correct permissions it doesn't matter what the lower folder or files have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I got info on the folders -- the permissions were set as indicated... SL Store had all set as read and write and the PCD folder had all set as indicated, so there was nothing to change... Am I doing something wrong?  I didn't change anything as it was correct per the instructions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you didn't follow all the instructions. See my post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -- previously I didn't click gear and "apply to all"as it appeared to be set... -- I got message that I could not un-do this -- this is the trick, so all should be OK now?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on the little right facing arrow?

Configuration error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but don't see SL Store or Adobe PCD files. I do have Adobe Lightroom 5.71 AMT and Lightroom folders, and i changed permissions on all those and still get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. LR standalone on MAC OS 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've discovered the Permissions problem is when used with an iMac Fusion Drive (Part HDD and part SSD). Premiere Elements loses Permissions every now again and won't start up. I think I'm safe to say after two months of trying this, Elements doesn't always get Folder/File Permissions with moved files from HDD to SSD and is noticeable when Backing up the System. It appears to me, if Elements has moved into SSD during Backup, when you return, after the Backup, to open Elements, it fails to open. This was only happening on my Fusion Drive iMac and not on the Standard HDD iMacs I have. I have taken drastic action and by Terminal Command, I detached the SSD part, using HDD only and the problem has gone. I will post this elsewhere.

As a note, all adobe's Permission fixes only work, at best once. Next Backup, wrong again and then can't be fixed without re-install. I have also noticed many Windows users with the problems and all were using SSD's. Seems an Adobe problem and not Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Just Shoot Me, Teri Bloom asks about purchased Lightroom - NOT the subscription Creative Cloud.  I also have stand-alone Lightroom 6 - not CC - and have searched for folders labled SLStore and Adobe PCD, but I cannot find any folders with those names in a search in my Finder.  The instructions linked above apply to Lightroom CC.  I can find no instructions on how to get Lightroom to open again because of that Error 16 message.  I do not want to lose links to my very extensive folder trees in Lightroom - let alone my photos!  Please provide instructions for LR6.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Signature.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are the exact same program and the difference between them comes from what Adobe ID you use to Sign In.

So instructions for LR CC 2015 and LR 6 are exactly the same.

Also look for a FILE that ends with .lock in the LR catalog folder. If you find one with the .lock extension Delete it then try to open LR.

Finder and the OS X search system, Spotlight, doesn't search System folders. So it may not show the folders/files in the instructions. You have to either Manually search for them or use some other search program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have the same problem. Every adobe software that i want to start throws at me error 16. I was searching every folder on my mac, but there is no folder SLStore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME!:

(Mac. It may work on PC too if you know where the folders are): First I signed out of Adobe Cloud App. Then I signed out of Adobe.com (Yes you are most likely signed in there too). I'm not sure if these steps are essential but it's what I did.

Then I followed Adobes instructions in Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

THEN I compressed "SLCache", which sits in the same folder as "SLStore", and threw away the original and emptied the trash. (Compression was a just in case. I think you'll be ok just trashing the folder "SLCache" and emptying the trash.

I then tried to launch the offending app (Muse in my case) and it asks me to log in. I did and hey presto! No error 16!!

It's now safe to delete the compressed "SLCache.zip" you created and get back on with your life.

I'd been reading forums for days but then saw "SLCache" and though it may have something to do with it as it seems everyone was having the same problem following the Adobe recommendation of file permissions.

They must have just overlooked this step. Duh.

Anyway, I really hope this solves it for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to had no SLStore or PCD folders MacPro (10.11 OS) CS6 ... But what I did was under each folder of software I needed (phoitoshop/InDesign/PDF)  (library/Application Support/ Adobe) Say Photoshop folder ...... I did "show info" and clicked the lock to get in and just clicked the "gear" to apply the settings which I never changed. They reapplied and now all open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines