Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Adobe Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying to install the Adobe Flash Player on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop.  I navigate to the download page and select the appropriate version (v23.0.0.162).  It starts downloading the file and the install begins.  It prompts me to allow to install.  I click "Yes" and it continues.  Before the install gets started good, I close all of my browsers and disable my virus software (Norton v22.7.1.32).  The install seems to work.  A browser opens and shows me other products that I may want.  But, when I go to verify if the install was successful (Flash Player Help) and click the "Check Now" button, it states it was not installed and points me back to the Downloads page.  I have tried to install and then reboot my laptop, but it still does not help.  I have even tried to install an earlier version of Flash Player and it still does not work.  Any help to correct this issue is much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

I had to fully uninstall the Flash and Shockwave Objects.  Once I did that, I reinstalled the Flash Object and it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check on other pages Adobe - Flash Player if you can view Flash content or not. Also which browser are you using? Make sure Flash Player is enabled for your browser. To see how to enable Flash Player go through Flash Player Help​. If you are using IE browser please ensure that ActiveX Filtering is off Fix ActiveX problems in Flash Player on Internet Explorer .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ridhijain,

I am using Internet Explorer 11 (v11.0.9600.18349).  Also, I have verified that ActiveX Filtering is off.  The issue is Flash Player will not install.  It is not even showing in the "Manage Addons" section:

Manage_Addons.jpg

check_image.jpg

So, I'm not sure what's the issue at this point.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if below link is helpful:

Flash Player | Windows 7 | Internet Explorer 64 bit

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This did not help.  Below are the images of what I tried:

I downloaded the 32-bit version again since I did not have IE 11 64-bit:

Install_Splash_Screen.jpg

I checked the agreement box and clicked the "Install" button:

currently_installing.jpg

After the install, a screen appears with selecting preferences:

preferences.jpg

I click the "Done" button and it disappears.  I then open the browser and check to see if it installs and  I get the same message that it's not installed.  I then checked the "Manage Addons" screen and Installed Programs and Features.  Below are images of what I saw:

addons_after_install.jpg

installed_programs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ridhijain,

I'm having a similar problem with Flash Player, except I only have Windows XP.  I'm afraid if I uninstall Adobe Reader XI, I won't be able to reinstall it.  I've tried numerous times to install Flash, even disabling AVG Antivirus, but it won't install after downloading.  Also have Microsoft Essentials, but cannot remove or disable it

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to fully uninstall the Flash and Shockwave Objects.  Once I did that, I reinstalled the Flash Object and it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first let me say Adobe flash player is a woeful piece of software for installing, for browser integration and as invasive ware.  I used to work for Adobe but dont have much to do with it now. Its sad what a pirate organization it is now.  Forcing nuisance "update" installs in the guise of security just to give the installer another chance to install "optional" crap like antivirus (really?) and now i read here that to fix MY flash issue i may need to manually install a bunch of things.  What a farce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines