Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opera: "Couldn't load plugin"

Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opera loads the Adobe Flash Player fine at home, but I get "Couldn't load plugin" on my office wireless.

I checked "Opera://plugins" and get the proper version listed at home, but at the office I get ver. 99.999.999.999.

Both show the proper version under the location of the file.

Anyone know what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

After trawling the internet looking for a fix and failing I went back to basics and uninstalled Adobe Flash 23 and Adobe Shockwave player 12.2. I then Goggled for download pages and installed the newly downloaded copies of both. It worked no more couldn't find plug-in notices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system is this on?  If you're using XP or Vista, this is a known issue, see XP/Vista: Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 doesn't work in Opera and Chromium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I am using Windows 7 Enterprise.

As I stated, Flash loads in Opera and IExplorer at home but not at the office.

It works in Google Chrome at both locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state Opera in the title, but in the most recent post include IE.  Is this reproducible on both?

What version of Opera and IE are you using?

When did Flash Player stop working?

Have you checked the to ensure Flash Player is enabled in the browser and that ActiveX Filtering is disabled?

Please post a screenshot of the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features showing the Flash Player entries and the version installed

What wireless router are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trawling the internet looking for a fix and failing I went back to basics and uninstalled Adobe Flash 23 and Adobe Shockwave player 12.2. I then Goggled for download pages and installed the newly downloaded copies of both. It worked no more couldn't find plug-in notices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue by re-installing Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, every time I log out of Opera, I get "Couldn't load plug-in" the next time, either home or work. I have to uninstall Opera and reinstall, then it loads fine. It only works all the time on Chrome. Explorer nor Firefox can load the Flash Player Plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange when you say Firefox couldn't install Flash Player because when the webpage I couldn't access with Opera was readily available using Firefox. All I did was download and install a Flash Player for "Opera" after uninstalling my existing Flash Player

Download Adobe Flash Player (Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera) v11.6.602.180 (freeware) - AfterDawn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elmers74719230 ,

Opera, Internet Explorer and Firefox all use different Flash Player plugin types:

• Opera uses the PPAPI plugin
  • Internet Explorer uses the ActiveX Control
  • Firefox uses the NPAPI plugin

None of these are interchangeable.  Meaning if you install the NPAPI plugin for Firefox neither Opera nor Internet Explorer will use these, and likewise for the other two.  To install Flash Player for each browser you use go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer with each individual browser to download the correct Flash Player plugin for that browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

couldn't load plugin mozilla ,opera ???  update the internet explorer  to 9(on Vista) or newer(Win 7,8,10) . thats all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines