Exit

Files were not compiled message

Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I compile my HTML Help project, I get the following message:

"The following files were not compiled:
http:\www.aldon.com"

I have searched the entire project folder for this string of characters with both the RH Multi-file Search tool and with Windows search. Neither tool found such a string. The string also does not appear in the list of URLs.

Any suggestions?

Bob Boller

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bob,

Is that URL the target of a "Jump" button that you added to the toolbar of a help window? If so, the error message is nothing to worry about. It just signifies that the compiler, which normally only pulls local source files into the help file, was incapable of fetching a remotely-held one.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Otherwise, just search on Aldon. Perhaps the string has gone across two lines in the html file. Also I notice that the string has one backslash instead of two forward slashes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp