• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted CPD file in RH7

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic has been covered before for X5 and older versions. I'm using RH7. I followed the instructions to delete only the CPD file and then reopen the project. When I did this all the project folders were gone (or not displayed) and all the links were broken. I'm hoping there is a better way to rebuild the CPD then having to recreate all the folders and fix all these links (1000+).

Cheers-
Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At worst I suspect you may only need to recreate the folders. Try creating a new folder with EXACTLY the same name as a missing one. It might just start showing the files as well and gradually the links should repair.

I've experienced a few folders go missing but not the whole lot.

It might help to know what prompted you to delete the CPD in the first place.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I deleted the CPD file because I got the message "CPD file is corrupted and cannot be opened." I've been to your website before so I reread your instructions for opening Robohelp projects. I deleted it previously and it rebuilt fine. This time was not the case, so I reverted to a previous version of my help and compacted the CPD using the Jet Compact Utility. This is fine at the moment but I'm afraid this problem will reoccur.

Thanks,
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try occasionally compiling a CHM even if that is not your output. That updates the HHP file and might help. You could take a copy of your project now and try it using the copy.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp