• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player trap - macafee + true key

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded the .exe file today and install went straight into displaying what was downloading, including macafee and true key.

many words come to mind to define this sort of practice - revolting, insulting, abusive...

adobe did NOT give me the choice NOT to download these apps.

Concerning how big a company adobe are, it beggars belief that they should engage in this sort of practice.

I was going to use the f word in my post, but got a message that one word broke the terms of use.

adobe clearly believe they can abuse us, but we can't abuse them back...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offers are not installed without permission.  They display in the center of the download page and the user has the option to not accept the offers:

getflashplayer.JPG

Certain ad-blockers and disabling JavaScript will hide the offers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas response to initial email:

The offers are not installed without permission.  They display in the center of the download page and the user has the option to not accept the offers:

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-9029036-1032229/900-621/getflashplayer...

Certain ad-blockers and disabling JavaScript will hide the offers.

Doesn't wash.

The user's eyes go straight to the yellow button, which they click, and they've been caught.

Certain ad-blockers and disabling JavaScript will hide the offers, uh?

With me, the file downloaded without even the window appearing.

And as stated, Adobe is much too pro an organisation to use this sort of device.

Any chance for accidental download of the 'offers' should result in these NOT being there in the first place.

Accidentally downloading your 'offers' has happened more than once to me.

Unaccceptable

Guy Cruls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With me, the file downloaded without even the window appearing.

Where did you download the file from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a link in my browser - Firefox - notifying me that Flash was outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was an official adobe.com link it would have taken you to that site where the offers were displayed.  If you got some other link that didn't take you to that site or downloaded the installer directly, we can't guarantee the integrity of the installer file, nor what the experience/end result will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answers are not at all satisfying. To me, they come across as mendacious.

I don't expect Adobe to put an end to the practice of placing 'offers' on their Flash download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you thing I'm being mendacious.  However, it is the truth.  The offers are there in the adobe.com page.  If you clicked on a random link that downloaded a file we can't be responsible for what that link downloaded.  The only place to download official Flash Player installers, and see the option offer with the ability to decline them, is on the adobe.com site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

random links, uh? a browser's notification is some 'random link'?

That, sir, is mendacious.

Conversation over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines