Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH is broken in Firefox because ">>" is converted to "%3E%3E"

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I found slightly similar issues when I searched the forum. However, none of them appeared to match my specific issue.

I am using RoboHelp 2015 and the latest version of Firefox.

We have page-level CSH in one of our products. When using Firefox, clicking the page-level Help links opens the Help window. However, it is blank. This does not occur in IE or Chrome.

The Developers noted the following problem:

Take for example our Views.htm topic.

The following line causes a problem:

var nPos = location.hash.indexOf(">>");

In Chrome, location.hash has the following value:

.../onlinehelp/whskin_tw.htm#Views/views.htm>>cap=CSH>>pan=1

In Firefox, the same line has the same value, only encoded as follows:

.../onlinehelp/whskin_tw.htm#Views/views.htm%3E%3Ecap=CSH%3E%3Epan=1

The Developers have come up with a "quick and dirty" fix, but it would have to be applied each time we push the Help system to one of our environments.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Ann Greenseth

Intermedix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get some attention to this issue?

This is a documented bug in Firefox according to this stackoverflow post:

javascript - window.location.hash issue in Firefox - Stack Overflow

Here is the Firefox bug documentation:

582361 - Implement HTML5-compliant navigation to fragment

As bug report is 8 years ago, I don't think Firefox is going to fix it very soon. Please help.

It's unsustainable for our organization to go in and edit the Robohelp generated output each time that it is updated.

Thanks,

Mark Nelson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's odd about this thread is that apart from the original post, no one until you has encountered this. If this was a common problem, then the thread would have had a lot more posts.

Also this is essentially a user to user forum where the users are technical authors and this is something that would need developer skills.It's really something for Technical Support.

First though, do you have all the updates applied as I'm wondering if this was fixed in an update and that explains the lack of others posting here?

Check that and if that fails contact Adobe's Technical Support. Let us know how you get on with that and if necessary I will flag the issue with some contacts.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp