• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update from Adobe flahplayer and I-tools from Oxford

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I have windows 10 and I have Firefox. Both of them are being updated automatically. So far it works fine but you have a problem now with Oxford University press. None of my videos in I-tools want to play anymore. Please fix or give me the old version back. Please hurry Iám an English teachet and I have to give classe daily. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not at all familiar with I-tools.  Does it play videos from the internet or from your local computer?  Please provide more information so that we may be able to assist you.

If it loads local files (files saved on your computer) or from a CD, this is due to a security change in Flash Player to not load local files by default, however, there is a way to change the default behaviour.  Please see the Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23​ for more information and instructions to re-enable the feature.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't play any more.

I have tried everything within the flash player screen.

- Settings

- Global settings

- Check for updates

- About Adobe flah player 23.0.0.162

I hope that Adobe had a good reason for doing this because it is pretty

annoying and the forum on the Adobe website is pretty full with people with

similar complaints. If you want some advice? Get back to the previous

version and try to fix the new version in your laboratory and run a million

simulation and than put the web.

Saludos cordiales,

M. Woltz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change to not load local files by default was a security change in 23.0.0.162 and won't be rolled back.

- Global Settings is used by Chrome, not Firefox.  If you made any changes here it won't affect Firefox.

- Firefox uses the local settings (Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Trusted Location Settings...) is used by Firefox.  Please post a screenshot of this window.

As mentioned previously, I'm not at all familiar with I-tools.  Providing some background on this software and how it works would be greatly beneficial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you get in contact with Oxford University Press and tell them

about the little problem you have also tell them that Smart Choice - I

tools is not playing videos any more (audio is still good) and a platform

with exercises also called Smart Choice is not working and they also use

adobe flash player. The flash player that was installed with i-tool is

Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 10.2 r153 and it should update

automatically. My advice is to put your rear in to gear now because your

affecting tens of thousands of people all over the world with your security

update.

Thank you,

Saludos cordiales,

M. Woltz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm still waiting for advice and a permanent solution.

Thanks

Saludos cordiales,

M. Woltz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated previously, I am NOT at all familiar with the software you are referencing.  I've made some assumptions and you've not confirmed or denied those assumptions.

Again, disabling local file system access, by default, was a security change and will not be reversed.  If you are encountering issues due to this change, the release notes, which I linked to previously, have workaround solutions to revert to the previous behaviour.  Have you tried these solutions, including adding EnableInsecureLocalWithFileSystem=1 to the mms.cfg file?

What happens when you revert to the previous Flash Player version?  Since you're on Windows 10, you would need to uninstall the updates that updated Flash player for IE/Edge.  For Firefox, see Archived Adobe Flash Player versions to obtain the previous, 22.0.0.209, version for Firefox.  We don't normally recommend reverting to a previous version, however, this is for troubleshooting purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that! I got it!

Adding the "EnableInsecureLocalWithFileSystem=1" to the mms.cfg and it worked like a charm! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes, the work-around, as detailed in the release notes I linked to previously state the mms.cfg file entry and adding the directories to the Security Settings panel.

I'm glad it is working for you now.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I think your assumption is correct.

The Itools is a digital teaching platform that allows us teacher to use the book in an interactive manner using a laptop or a pc.

It does appear to try to load local files.

I tried adding the location to the Global Settings, but it didn't make any difference.oup help.jpg

I added the root folder and several other folders from the software folder in the system. Can you provide further help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I had the same problem. Flash videos within iTools (English Plus iTools, English File third edition…) can't be played after updating Flash Player. In this case just set/add entire local directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxford University Press) as trusted.

Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Trusted Location Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, with three Oxford University press software, the muller_cmgpvcz procedure resolve to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines