• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.2 not responding

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall ADE after Windows 10 Update (from hell), can only install 4.5.2. Every time, except once, I try to download a book ADE stops responding. Every time I try to open a book, except once, ADE stops responding. I have tried downloading from both the library and Google Play but the same outcome, not responding. No idea why the one book is downloaded after multiple attempts or I can open it, after multiple attempts. What is the problem? Is it 4.5.2 or Windows 10? 4.5.1 worked fine under pre-update Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem by using, in my ADE Library, the function "view file in explorer" (through right-click).

With my e-reader connected, I could then copy and paste the titles which could not be copied on my reader from the Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem by using, in my ADE Library, the function "view file in explorer" (through right-click).

With my e-reader connected, I could then copy and paste the titles which could not be copied on my reader from the Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agnes H. - It's like magic! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO such function under Library as far as I can see -- there is one under "File" that says "Show in Explorer" but its disabled --- (must be because I don't use Explorer in the first place). Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  All of the downloaded books show in ADE under File...Show in Explorer I think that was  Agnes's  reference....Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I follow you to copy, but then how and where are you pasting the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error is caused by some file corruption, the solution is to uninstall and reinstall to a different directory.
You also have to rename/delete the "My Digital Editions" folder.

See also: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions-discussions/digital-editions-wont-launch-microsoft-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines