• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 not recording slides on mouse click when capturing on extended monitor

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My main computer is a laptop and I have two external monitors attached via a docking station. When Captivate 9's capture window is not on the monitor that I've designated as my Main display it will not capture all slides, or capture accurate mouse click positions. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any solutions other than changing my computer settings every time I need to record a training video? Thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Yes this is a known issue that does occur in some situations with certain systems, video drivers, or software applications.

If updating video drivers does not resolve the issue, you may simply need to use your current workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a known issue that does occur in some situations with certain systems, video drivers, or software applications.

If updating video drivers does not resolve the issue, you may simply need to use your current workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. I will try updating the video drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If updating the video driver didn't provide any resolution, you may want to create a user account specifically for recording.

Set the account to only have a single primary monitor, or set multiple monitors to mirroring.

This will allow you to login for recordings, have the video preferences set to a specific repeatable resolution, and the recording will have a consistent resolution for each file you generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources