Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duration of Slide in PPT w/out audio or video

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a 25 second movie/swf captured in Captivate that plays fine when published in captivate. When imported as a swf into PPT and published in Presentor, it only runs 5 seconds because the setting:

Duration of Slide in PPT w/out audio or video is defaulted to 5 seconds. This slide has video(the swf), which is weird that it would affect the pulished file. If I set it to 25 secs, then that slide works and the swf completes, but it affects all slides.

I checked out settings in Captivate, but don't think I am missing anything there.

Any advise is appreciated

thanks
Lisa
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is fixed in Presenter 7. Prenseter 7 would now respect the duration of the captivate movie.

The only work-around that you would have in earlier version is to go to Audio Editor and add 'silence'. Adding silence would not add any audio but would force the duration of the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2008 Jul 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa,

You won't be able to address duration settings in Captivate; all that Presenter "sees" is a self-running swf file, so as catholicon mentions, Presenter 7 interprets the duration of the imported swf.

That assumes, however, that you have Presenter 7. One other thing to check (if you've got any of the earlier versions of Presenter), is the setting for the slide itself (meaning, the slide that your Captivate movie appears on).

In earlier versions of Presenter, you have the option to edit the Slide Properties of a given slide. Enabling "Advance by User" will force the slide to pause even after the default of 5 seconds, so that it won't automatically advance by itself. Again, I'm not sure what version of Presenter you have, but that might be one other thing to check.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"This problem is fixed in Presenter 7. Presenter 7 would now respect the duration of the captivate movie."

To qualify this statement of Catholicon
You would need to select "control using presentation playbar" setting in manage flash dialog of presenter 7 to enable automatic updation of slide duration based on Captivate movie duration. You may want to do this if your Captivate movie is non interactive.

If the Captivate swf is interactive then you may want to enabling "Advance by User" to enable user to interact with content and then advance to next slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources