Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avira detects security problem.

Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually get what appears to be a Flash Player update which is moved to quarantine by my Avira Virus checker. Problem stated to be: FlashVideoPlayer.exe contains the pattern of PUA/InstallCore.Gen7. Is this from Adobe and safe or some sort of attack?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

FlashVideoPlayer.exe  is not an official Flash Player installer file.  If you have the link to the page that downloaded this file please private message it to me and I'll forward it to our fraud department.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Installing Flash Player​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malware on some web sites mimic a real message, but link to a malware site

HERE is the real place https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashVideoPlayer.exe  is not an official Flash Player installer file.  If you have the link to the page that downloaded this file please private message it to me and I'll forward it to our fraud department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This program arrives each time I boot the computer. I have been seeing a line of Chinese symbols occasionally on shutdown, but they disappear too quickly - I'll contact Avira and see if they can work on it. They have classified it as Adaware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of free online virus scans (mcafee, trend micro, etc) that you an use.  I also recommend scanning with MalwareBytes.  They're usually quite reliable for scanning for malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines