Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Context Sensitive Help

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using RoboHelp HTML on RoboHelp X5.0.2 and generating .chm output.

I currently have a merged master project with several slave projects and am trying to add context sensitive help. So after I add the map IDs into the slave projects and recompile everything, are those map IDs merged into the master project? In other words, when I call the master help file from the application, will the master help file still recognize the slave map IDs? If not, does anyone know a way to make merged context sensitive help work?

Thanks,
Chad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006
With Pete's help I finally figured this out.

Pete mentioned that:
"What the Helpware site doesn't explain is that the ALIAS section of the .hhp file must contain at least one bookmark-free reference to the redirect.htm file; if every redirect line in the section has a bookmark appended to it then the context help call will fail. So to fix the problem, I added the following two lines to your .hhp file:

[ALIAS]
Dummy_Unused=redirect.htm

[MAP]
#define Dummy_Unused 0

"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

Try this link - Helpware. Step 4 refers to context sensitive help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for the reply. Apologies for the length of this post....

I am trying one of the solutions you pointed me to, Solution #1 outlined here. Has anyone gotten this solution to work? I am having some trouble...

I have setup a test master and slave project, along with a test visual basic application to test this solution. The context sensitive call works for the call to the topic in the master file, so I know my visual basic code is correct. However, when I make a context sensitive call to the topic in the slave file, nothing happens.

Additionally, I added an alert to the beginning of the javascript and have confirmed that the javascript never gets called.

Therefore, I believe it has something to do with the .hhp file, which is as follows:

[OPTIONS]
Compiled File=Master.chm
Title=Master
Contents File=Master.hhc
Index File=Master.hhk
Default topic=Welcome.htm
Default Window=NewWindow
Error log file=
Display compile progress=No
Display compile notes=No
Full-text search=Yes
Binary Index=Yes
Auto Index=No
Enhanced decompilation=No
Binary TOC=No
Flat=No

[WINDOWS]
NewWindow="Master","Master.hhc","Master.hhk","","",,,,,0x40080420,0,0x3006,[5,5,512,384],0x0,0x0,,0,0,0

[FILES]
Welcome.htm
redirect.htm
eHelp.xml
RoboHHRE.lng

Master.glo
Master.brs
[ALIAS]
#include Master.ali
Slave1Topic1=redirect.htm#Slave1Topic1

[MAP]
#include BSSCDefault.h

#define Slave1Topic1 1

[TEXT POPUPS]
BSSCDefault.h

[MERGE FILES]
Slave_2.chm
Slave_1.chm
Slave_2.chm
Slave_1.chm

Does anyone have any idea if anything is wrong with this? I've been looking at this since yesterday and I'm stumped. Of course I'd be willing to send anyone my test projects, but I think it has something to do with this .hpp file. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

I can't see anything that is obviously wrong in the .hhp file, so can only assume that the redirect file is somehow at fault.

I've previously got this method to work and would be happy to take a look at your test project.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
With Pete's help I finally figured this out.

Pete mentioned that:
"What the Helpware site doesn't explain is that the ALIAS section of the .hhp file must contain at least one bookmark-free reference to the redirect.htm file; if every redirect line in the section has a bookmark appended to it then the context help call will fail. So to fix the problem, I added the following two lines to your .hhp file:

[ALIAS]
Dummy_Unused=redirect.htm

[MAP]
#define Dummy_Unused 0

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp