• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Engine Optimization for Responsive HTML Output

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently trying to get higher google rankings to bring more customers to our site (as I'm sure all web developers want). We've generated a user guide using the responsive HTML5 output. After checking our Google analytics the site crawlers are not indexing the pages at all. We have nearly 300 topics and only the main index.html page is being indexed. We have tried generating the sitemap.xml using the option within the responsive HTML5 settings and then uploaded the file to google site maps but it still skipped over all of the topics. Google won't craw the frames and therefore won't index the site.

We've even tried updating the generated sitemap.xml by using the direct path to the article (i.e. https://www.qoppa.com/files/pdfstudio/guide/Articles/Annotating_and_Commenting_PDFs/Annotating_and_C... ) instead of the one using the index page with a variable and still no luck. On the google website resources, if you go to ‘Fetch as Google’ under crawl, when using the direct path to the article, it results in a redirect. Using the URL in the file generated by Robohelp with the index page just indexes index.html.

Can someone please let us know how we can generated our guide in a way that can be indexed by Google's site crawlers.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to ping Willam regarding his article on sitemaps (https://www.wvanweelden.eu/node/539?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a valid answer. I have already followed the steps described in his article (as described in my original post) and it did not work. Why do we need to contact a separate individual regarding Robohelp issues? We are a paying customer (monthly subscription) and expect to receive support from an Adobe representative not be redirected to a different company wanting us to pay (in addition to paying monthly to Adobe) for consultation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not an Adobe employee and I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe that monthly payment is only for allowing use of the software. I don't believe it contains some high level of additional support.

While there are Adobe employees that pop in here to advise, most of the folks are users same as you that are only trying to help out.

If you need assistance from Adobe, you need to contact them directly. Link is below. I understand that there might be a fee associated with it.

Click here to contact support

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted the phone support and they don't understand, hardly speak English, and hardly know what they are doing and the only other option listed was this forum which (no offense to you) has not been helpful in any way.

It's ridiculous that a company as large as Adobe can't offer even the most basic support to it's customers. Even for a bug in their own software (I've submitted a bug too). Especially regarding an advertised feature that does not even work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you aware of the link below?

https://www.wvanweelden.eu/node/539

If not, perhaps try what is on that page.

As an aside, it's rather interesting to me that you have a desire for your site to "rank" in Google. The most common thing we see here in the forums is the opposite. Folks are angry and DO NOT WANT their help content to be found by others and they desire to hide it as it's considered to be something akin to "giving away secrets".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to Adobe on this and understand the problem is that Google have changed their algorithm and that has broken how this feature worked. Adobe are working with Google on this. I realise that doesn't help you but at least it makes you aware that some action is being taken and you are not being ignored.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also battling with the same issue that Google cannot index our RoboHelp pages because the HTML5 outputs use iframes and Google crawlers cannot identify the TOC topics. This is most upsetting and our SEO is crushed in Robohelp12 (part of the Tech Comm suite). We cannot roll back to an earlier version in which Google did manage to index our internal topics. If anyone from @ADOBE monitors this forum, I would be very grateful to hear your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst Adobe staff do occasionally post to the forum, it is not officially monitored. To speak to someone, you need to contact Support in your country. You can also log a feature request but you will not get a response. Please follow this link and report it as a bug. The more people who do, the more likely it is to get investigated. You can also use the link to request new features.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and consistently trying to figure out the root cause. This is taking some time at our end as it requires some research and fact finding.

I'll keep this thread updated with our findings.

Thanks!

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The root cause is the responsive HTML template has iFrames and Google doesn't crawl the iFrame.

What else is there to check?

It is not unreasonable to expect that Adobe provide a responsive template without iFrames or provide some javascript as Willam suggests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already taken care of this one. Earlier this wasn't the case and google was able to index the same.

Before providing a reliable solution, we need to analyze and test this rigorously.

I assure you that we are working on this with utmost priority and will come up with an update shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. When can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem, huge problem for Robohelp users!!!

I hope will get some solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you tell me the status of this issue. Output which is not searchable by Google is not acceptable in this day and age.

I do not want to threaten to publicize this deficiency in the Adobe tools as we are generally happy with them. We just want a solution as soon as possible

Please let me know when you expect to resolve this issue.

Even if it is a Javascript solution to the existing layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is resolved in the latest RoboHelp update that is available now.

Please check for the updates in RoboHelp’s menu > File > Updates.

The update is also available for download on the following URL:

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! Thanks you I will try the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have tried the new service release and regenerated the help using the responsive layout and still our pages are not indexed.

I am not sure the fix corrected the problem.

Did anyone else have success using the new release????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp