Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Find Adobe Flash on Mac

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 5.30.49 pm.pngHi,

Am trying to run adobe Flash on my mac its a Macbook Air 11-inch early 2014, with a 1.7GHz Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB storage

i am also running Norton Security 7.2

I have tried to install it, and everything appears to be successful i 'restart my browser' and see a thank you page, however cannot find adobe flash anywhere!

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 5.31.03 pm.png

Please help!!

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is installed as a plugin to the browser.

Following link would be useful

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, if you could see the comment below, it still isn't right????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS X version are you using?

What version of Safari do you have?

Is this the only site behaving this way?  Can you reproduce it on other sites?  If it's only this site, I suspect there is something wrong with this sites Flash Player detection scripts as you obviously have the latest version of Flash installed.

Please provide a direct URL to the site/content that is returning this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im really sorry to be such a pest!

Im running OS X Yosemite (Version 10.10)

Safari is Version 8.0

In regards to other sites, they seem to be working it's just the one below!

And the URL is Watch Criminal Minds: Sun 25 Sep, season 11 episode 22 - Yahoo7

Thank you so so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Unfortunately, that video is region specific and I'm not able to view it.  With that said, Flash Player did load, instead of the 'Flash-out-of-date' message.

Have you tried performing a clean install?  Please try that (How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X ) to see if it'll work.

On a separate, note, Safari 8 is quite old, first released on October 16, 2014 and last updated on August 13, 2015.  You're essentially using a browser that hasn't had any security updates for over a year.  Unless there's some compelling reason to remain on an old, unsecure browser, it's recommended you update to the latest most secure version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser plugin and only works in the browser, to view Flash content.  It's not a separate stand-alone program.  The page that launches after Flash Installs doesn't have Flash content on it.  Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the Check Now button.  The results will tell you if Flash Player is enabled or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! so much! I'm sorry!!

Apparently it is installed but I still cannot view any videos???

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 11.13.16 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which I don'tScreen Shot 2016-10-04 at 11.21.42 am.png understand, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines