• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export file to a REAL PDF

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to export a blank Captivate 9 file to a PDF that is NOT just an image? We need to be able use all, or at least most, of the Commenting tools in the resulting PDF in Adobe Acrobat.

The only workaround can think of is to make a screenshot of every single slide one by one, convert each screenshot to a PDF, then append those PDFs into several longer PDFs. This is time-consuming and laborious. And we have many looonngg documents. Say, about 100 10-slide files.

Cheers

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand the PDF option which will create an interactive pdf: it is not just an image. But to view that interactive pdf, the user needs to have Adobe Reader and the Flash plugin because it is flash based.  It is a real pdf, but an interactive one.

If you want to have a digital print, use the File, Print option, where you can choose for Handouts. You'll have a Word document that you can convert to  pdf. Because I don't like the word templates that much, I have created a template i InDesign which I use to create handouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lily for your quick reply. We need is a PDF that has all or at least most of the Commenting Tools enabled (eg sticky note that you can place anywhere on the page, Insert Text, Delete Text, ability to select text, highlight, arrows, etc). And we need that in a PDF that is a replica of the exact layout of each slide.

I see that a PDF generated from a Word doc generated from Captivate contains only a small image of the whole slide, so it is not editable (you cannot draw/make any Comments on an image). However you can mark up the text below, using all the Acrobat Commenting tools, so that is good. We need this so our editors can examine each slide (digitally) and use their proofreading marks (Commenting tools). Ideally we would have wanted one slide blown up to take up the whole page, with Commenting tools enabled.

The Captivate Reviewer tool is not helpful for us because all you can do with it is put a comment box in a corner of the page.

Thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to start logging feature enhancement requests.  Most of what you want here is not currently available from Captivate.  There is only limited ability to customise the layout of the Print output and it comes out as MS Word, not PDF.

You can however get a larger screenshot of the slide on the page if you DESELECT the Use Table in the Output option in the Print dialog.  I usually just choose the Type as Handout, then select Slide Notes (for the voiceover transcript underneath the slide) and Include Objects and Questions.  That gives me a pretty good document that I can send to reviewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, how does your reviewer then mark up what they want changed? They just type into the Word doc that you send them? We sorely miss the excellent Commenting tools available in Acrobat for comprehensive and detailed mark-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they just type into the Word doc what they want changed.

Simple but effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod. Got to be not nearly as clear as Commenting in Acrobat, though. Eg "Move this image to the right to align with image XX above..." Deleting text, adding text, add image XXX in this position on the slide... How would one describe exactly where to put the image, in words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your mileage may differ but my reviewers are more focused on the overall accuracy of the message rather than the precise placement of images.  They leave that sort of stuff to me the designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have extremely long and numerous slides (100s) with a lot of content. And multiple departments that have a hand in layout and content. Figured out a solution. Create handouts (ie Word docs) of the slides, with "include objects and questions" selected, and unchecking "Use table in the output." PDF the resulting Word doc(s). To include all or virtually all Commenting features in Acrobat:

PC users – in Tools, select Recognize Text.

Mac users – I cannot yet figure out to allow the text Commenting features to work. On a Mac, Acrobat won't perform Recognize Text, because it claims the text is already "renderable." Darn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that Mac users can at least use the Commenting tools other than the text ones. I don't know yet if which version of Acrobat a person is using is relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources