Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit Audio" Function Not syncing with audio

Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed presenter 7 and updated three major projects I'm working on, and when I went to edit the audio i synced up tot he slides, the visual editor's marking are totally off, by about 3 seconds. this happened on two seperate machines that I have, so I know its not a problem with my copy of Powerpoint. I'm using PPT2003 and Adobe Presenter 7.

I am now stuck with presentations overwritten(my own fault for choosing overwritea) and forced to degrade back to presenter 6 until I find a solution, or adobe updates the product to fix the bug?

Anyone else notice the same problem? This basically renders presenter 7 unsuable for professional designers like myself.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed the same thing. Audio when the wave image shows flat-line and vise versa. Pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem -- some audio is "off" by 1/10 of a second, other parts are off by several seconds. We're using PPT2002 and Adobe Presenter 7. Have reported this to Adobe and our distributor for clarification. We'll keep using Presenter 6, if necessary -- this makes Presenter 7 unusable except for brand new modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Best is to go back to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got same issues. There's a big delay between what you hear and what you see on the audio graphics, and I'm getting confused trying to match slide markers with audio track. Big time! I'll try to revert to previous version. What's going on with Adobe? O_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having exactly the same problem with PPT2003 and Pres 7. Upgraded from V5 to try and resolve another issue. Is V6 stable??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have used Presenter 6 for two years now fairly successfully -- the biggest issue for us is the fact that you can't move a presentation using Windows Explorer. If you drag and drop a file (the .ppt file) into a new location, the .ppc file with the associated audio, synchronizations, etc. will lose it's connection to the .ppt, and this can cause files to actually disappear. The safest way to move files with version 6 (Adobe has verified this) is by opening the .ppt file in Presenter, then use "File > Save As" to move the file to it's new location. Tedious, but safe and effective.

On the original topic, I've been working for over a week with an Adobe Technical Support person to no avail ... they have a PPT file I've posted (Powerpoint 2002) which was converted from Presenter 6 to Presenter 7 -- now, the recorded audio doesn't track with the waveform in the audio editor. No word yet on how they intend to fix it ... but for me, this makes version 7, with all of its nifty features, unusable.

I might choose to use it for new presentations, but we have nearly 100 modules previously recorded with version 6 -- and occasionally, they need editing, which I can't do using version 6. Anybody have any word on a fix to this VERY bad bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scottbrw, had same problem with audio. The best way to get things working for you is going back to Presenter 6. I did it and it works much better than P7.
Adobe should have released Presenter 7 as a beta, not as a final version. Lots of flaws 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a terrible bug indeed. The waveform thing is very annoying. My workaround was simple enough. I saved from Presenter 7 my modules back to 6. In 7 you can convert back to presenter 5 or 6. Then I re-downloaded Presenter 6 and installed. Now it works again. We installed the Connect 7 to another server for testing and bugging, so our Connect 6 server is still our main one.

Another bug I found in 7 is when you're Slide Properties, you can't assign a batch of slides to a speaker like in version 6. In 7, you have to do it one b y one. Very tedious. So Presenter 6 is still king.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
@imeronline: This is completely off topic, but just to keep things correctly in perspective; Slide Manager allows multiple selection of slide with Ctrl key and with multiple slides selected you can press Edit Audio to change Presenter for those slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources