• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete/Reset Perspective Grid

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks. I'm just now getting started with CS5, so Perspective Grid is new to me. I'm wondering if there's any possible way to either delete a grid already on the artboard or to reset it if one wants to start over. Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Yes, there is. You can reset the grid back to its default by going to View menu > Perspective Grid > Two Point Perspective > [2P-Normal View]. You can hide the grid by hitting Shift-Ctrl-I or clicking on the small 'x' in the Plane Switching widget (present at the top left of the document window when grid is visible).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is. You can reset the grid back to its default by going to View menu > Perspective Grid > Two Point Perspective > [2P-Normal View]. You can hide the grid by hitting Shift-Ctrl-I or clicking on the small 'x' in the Plane Switching widget (present at the top left of the document window when grid is visible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cupertino — just what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem but when trying your fixes nothing worked. So hitting Shift+Ctrl-l didn't do anything and nor did going to View menu > Perspective Grid > Two Point Perspective > [2P-Normal View]. I'm still see the prespective grid on the page. Also, when I click on the 'x' on the Perspective tool icon, nothing happens.

Where am I going wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Tools panel (or use Shift + P) to select the Perspective Grid Tool. Use that to click on the X in the widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an absolute garbage program. Painfully unintuitive and wastes my time OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Glad they keep increasing the cost to use it, and never actually address issues people have been literally complaining about for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem. finally hid it (from the view menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically the 'perspective tool has to be selected' in order to 'X' out of it. Got it, makes sense, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I'm trying to do that and neither is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these options are working for me on my HP-- not sure why.... However, I found that copy and pasting onto a new doc does fine even if not ideal. (I used ctrl a) then ctrl v on an entirely new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the "D" thing turned off. I am sure that I will need it in the future, just right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines