• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File download issue on Nextbook Tablet Android 5.0

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I have downloaded ADE 4.5 on my Next book running Android 5.0.  Software installs okay.  Download ascm file from vendor click on it then a dialog box opens says which program click Adobe digital editions.   Program opens then error message as follows:  unable to download  error getting license. License Server Communication Error. E_Act_Not_Ready.   Now the program works great on my two computers but will not work on Nextbook Tablet.   Now in my account settings on Adobe website it shows 2 desktop computers have been authorized,  there is a section right below that for OTHER APPLICATIONS it shows that nothing has been authorized.  Don't know if it's a vendor issue from bookstore or not acts more like license issue from Adobe.  Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you on the Tablet a other Reader App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem an I am using "UB Reader" as 2nd Reader. There I can't open eBooks too.

I tried to the following (that dosn't work):

• Uninstalling "UB Reader" 
  • Local deauthorization on "Digital Editions"
  • Unistanllig "Digital Editions"
  • Reboot the Tablet
  • Installing "Digital Editions"
  • Device was still authorized (!?)
  • Open an eBook => Error E_Act_Not_Ready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the error you must remove the authorize and authorize again. How you make it with your Reader should check in the help of the reader. If digital edition are still insed you have in the settings a option to remove the authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , but your solution doesn't work on my Tablet.

The Reader Software is "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5" (like at Tony6895).

I tried to remove the authorize very often. It doesn't work. I got the error "Autorisierung kann nicht gelöscht werden. Versuchen Sie es später" (in engl. like "authorization can not be deleted. Try again later").

Local deauthorization on "Digital Editions" without a password is possible but after the authorization I got the error E_ACT_NOT_READY again while opening an ebook.

I hope that one of the developers of ADE 4.5 can say under what circumstances the error E_ACT_NOT_READY occurs and how to overcome these circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to remove the file data of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made that. Under "Settings" - "Apps" -  "Adobe Digital Editions" I have cleared the cache, deleted the data and exited the application. Has nothing helped. After opening ADE the authorization was still present.

Is there an other way to remove the file data of the app under Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know a way. Better you ask this quession a staff person of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, what I have done after I read the postings about this Problem.

The Adobe staff person (Ramesh G.) told me to post the question into the Forum. He told me also he can only help at problems with Windows and Mac, not with Android.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hav in the Forum also staff person. This person can help with android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I contact them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Form. If its a staff person has you staff by the name. This person should write a massage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I tried this one time, but got no answer.

Now I found the solution of this Problem myself:

• Local deauthorization on "Digital Editions"
  • Under "Settings" - "Apps" -  "Adobe Digital Editions": clearing the cache, deleting the data and exiting the app
  • Manual deleting the folder named ".adobe-digital-Editions" (this is, what I have never tried before)

And now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines