• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player still not working

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am so hoping someone can help me.  I have updated my computer and now flashplayer is not working.  I have followed the instructions to enable it and it still will not work.  I like to play games on different sites such as Melting-Mindz, Escape Games, Agame.com and some others but everytime I go to any of those sites and click on a game to play I consistently get the same message that adobe flash player is not enabled.  What can I do as I really just want to be able to play games once again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  We have seen an increase in issues with Flash Player on Chrome within the last week and have escalated to Google.  We're investigating and haven't determined the cause of the issue yet.  I'd like to get some information from you to aid in the investigation.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Chrome
  2. Navigate to chrome://help
  3. What is the Chrome version (copy and paste into your reply)
  4. Navigate to chrome://plugins
  5. Click the +Details link in the upper right to display

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what operating system, including version, and browser, including version, is this on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro with the 32 bit operating system x64 bases processor.  I use Google Chrome.  I hope this info helps.  Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to view Flash content?  Does it say "couldn't load plugin" or something else?  A screenshot of the actual behaviour would be greatly appreciated.

Please launch Chrome and go to chrome://plugins.  On the upper right click the '+Details' link to expand the plugin details (if not already expanded).  Look for the Flash Player entry and post a screenshot of the details.

See How do I attach a screenshot? for assistance in taking and posting a screenshot.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Lydia Wilson <lydiawilson@att.net>

Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 4:04 PM

Subject: Flash Player still not working

created by m_vargas in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionWhat happens when you try to view Flash content?  Does it say "couldn't load plugin" or something else?  A screenshot of the actual behaviour would be greatly appreciated. Please launch Chrome and go to chrome://plugins.  On the upper right click the '+Details' link to expand the plugin details (if not already expanded).  Look for the Flash Player entry and post a screenshot of the details.

See How do I attach a screenshot? for assistance in taking and posting a screenshot. Thank you. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9030168#9030168 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9030168#9030168 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're reply contains no new information, it's simply a reply of my last post to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no correct at the bottom of any reply only like. I have followed your instructions and yet I have no answer. I took the screen shot of what you asked for and did what I thought I was supposed to do but evidently not so I may as well give up.

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:29 AM

created by m_vargas in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionyou're reply contains no new information, it's simply a reply of my last post to you. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9031615#9031615 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9031615#9031615 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're not seeing the 'correct answer' button at the bottom of each reply.  It should be there.

The forums don't accept attachments via email.  If you attached your screenshot via email reply it was stripped out.  Please go to the forums directly (click on the topic link in the email) to attach the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture9272016.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  We have seen an increase in issues with Flash Player on Chrome within the last week and have escalated to Google.  We're investigating and haven't determined the cause of the issue yet.  I'd like to get some information from you to aid in the investigation.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Chrome
  2. Navigate to chrome://help
  3. What is the Chrome version (copy and paste into your reply)
  4. Navigate to chrome://plugins
  5. Click the +Details link in the upper right to display plugin details (if not already displayed)
  6. Look for the Adobe Flash Player entry
  7. What is the Location path to the pepflashplayer.dll file (copy and paste into your reply)
  8. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Location obtained in step 7
  9. What files are listed in this directory?  List all file names in your reply

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 53.0.2785.116 m

C:\Users\Lydia\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\23.0.0.166\pepflashplayer.dll

PPAPI (out-of-process)

Sorry but I can't find that info for Windows.  I am hoping you can give me a clue as to how to find the path for windows version.  Thanks for all  your help so far, I appreciate it.

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:14 AM

created by m_vargas in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionThank you for posting the screenshot.  We have seen an increase in issues with Flash Player on Chrome within the last week and have escalated to Google.  We're investigating and haven't determined the cause of the issue yet.  I'd like to get some information from you to aid in the investigation.  Please do the following:

- Launch Chrome

- Navigate to chrome://help

- What is the Chrome version (copy and paste into your reply)

- Navigate to chrome://plugins

- Click the +Details link in the upper right to display plugin details (if not already displayed)

- Look for the Adobe Flash Player entry

- What is the Location path to the pepflashplayer.dll file (copy and paste into your reply)

- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Location obtained in step 7

- What files are listed in this directory?  List all file names in your reply

Thank you. --Maria If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9034252#9034252 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9034252#9034252 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to File Explorer and go to C:\Users\Lydia\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\23.0.0.166.  What files are in this directory?  If the pepflashplayer files is missing delete the C:\Users\Lydia\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\23.0.0.166\ directory.  Launch Chrome again and view Flash content.  Does Flash content display or do you still get the "Couldn't load plugin" error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions about seeing what was located in file explorer and got a snippit of what is  located within.Capture1082016aabb.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting the screenshot.  The Flash Player plugin file (pepflashplayer.dll) is missing from the directory.  Pelae do the following:

• Delete the entire directory (23.0.0.166)
  • Launch Chrome and attempt to view Flash content
    • Sometimes the plugin will download immediately and Flash content will display after a few seconds.
  • If Flash content still doesn't load, go to chrome://components and look for pepper_flash entry
  • Click the corresponding 'Check for Updates' button.  This forces Chrome to check for the new version and download it.
  • If the component was updated successfully, Flash content should display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines