• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC and macOS Sierra compatibility issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As alway, I'm concerned that an OS upgrade will interrupt my workflow.

Has anyone taken the plunge and installed macOS Sierra?

I have noticed that there have been some issues with the macOS Beta versions and Photoshop and Indesign (see threads below)

Possible Bugs Mac OS Sierra when using Adobe products?

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Seems Siri and Photoshop zoom+ have the same shortcut.

Anything else?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

For Photoshop CC and macOS Sierra, Google points to:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Please find the official document talking about known issues discussed as below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-and-mac-os-sierra.html

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update on Lightroom CC issues.

I'm more interested in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Photoshop CC and macOS Sierra, Google points to:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error by launching Adobe Indesign 2017 and 2018 on High Sierra on Mac. I should not have the proper rights for the preferences folder. I cannot find any sign that I don't have proper rights. I cannot open Indesign right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has made statements about Photoshop and Lightroom, but has it said anything regarding Premiere and After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding After Effects CC (13.8.31).... newest update

Installed Sierra and now AE is acting weird.

My comp-window goes black when moving mouse to comp window.

When moving time-indicator in timeline, it comes back again and is showing content on screen... but moving mouse again is making comp-window black again. Maybe something with the graphics card....

Anyone with same problem?

(iMac 2011, 27 inch, 32 Ram and 2048 Mb AMD Radion Card)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't now what´s causing this. But I´ve got the same problem, and havn´t installed Sierra yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post if you find a solution for this.

I think it´s more a Adobe update thing....been like this for the two latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your question. Did you solve the error 16 with Premiere and After Effects? It´s difficult for me  to go back to Mac OS X Capitan having Sierra. I give permission like adobe says for this issue but it´s not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the larger question is this: With beta and public beta programs, why is Adobe taking SO LONG to get their wares together? It makes even less sense to me when you consider that they've moved us all to a subscription model (which I love) for the benefit of being able to push out updates and fixes, only we don't get updates and fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says in https://blog.conradchavez.com/2016/06/16/macos-10-12-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/  Apple is often changing their operating system code right up to the last minute before the update is posted on the Apple store

Which means that Adobe is not able to work with "Final" code until it is released to everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the link and the input, but that is not news to me.

If we have to wait as long for compatibility for macOS Sierra as we did with El Cap, it's going to be several months at least? There was a golden master released to developers on September 2nd. There's three weeks there, and few official statements from Adobe's teams... NOTHING from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed macOS Sierra (version 10.12) today - I get the same error message when trying to open Adobe Illustrator CC (2015.3) or Adobe InDesign CC (2015). It recommends uninstalling and reinstalling the product, but that doesn't correct the error. Adobe Lightroom was just updated with Sierra support yesterday. Hopefully, support for the other products will follow quickly.

I did see a post on MacRumors which suggests Illustrator is compatible and other Adobe apps can be used if you reinstall Java 6, but I couldn't find a way to do that. (macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps | MacRumors Forums)

"

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with those , try providing full permissions to Adobe folder under System Library and then try to launch the application and check :

Close all Adobe applications .

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder"  option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Make sure that both Currently logged in user name and Administrator user accounts have Read and Write access.

Important step : Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

4796292756_1d03673198.jpg

[ Once we provide full permissions to Adobe folder and select apply to enclosed items options , the " Read and Write " access will apply to all subfolders and files present inside it , Both Adobe PCD and SLStore folders will be present inside Adobe folders and gets Full permissions ]

Then Launch the Installed CC apps and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC Save Image For Web in Sierra

I'm unable to select an image file when 'Saving For Web' in the 'Save As' finder window in Photoshop CC running on Sierra.

There are times when I need to save a new image using a similar name by selecting the existing file, which matches the name in the 'Save As' dialog field. Using Photoshop CC under Sierra I'm unable to do so because of the inability to select existing files in the Save-as finder window.

I am able to right-click, so my workaround is to right-click on the file in question, select 'Rename' and then copy and paste the filename into the Save As form field.

Also, the Format, Settings & Slices options in the 'Save As' finder window are off-center, situated to the far left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this, I noticed both of these issues; with my typical workflow I consistently need to select existing files to overwrite or save revisions of the same files, the inability to select a file and have its filename auto-populate is severely crippling my workflow speed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "PERMISSIONS" check fixed After Effects for me, but I had to go down to the After Effects folder as well and change permissions to it also. For some reason it seems Sierra changed them all to "read only".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for this. have been trying for days and this seems to have done the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn wrote:

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO DO THIS. THIS WILL CREATE A SECURITY HOLE ON YOU MAC. DO  NOT GIVE STANDARD USERS WRITE PERMISSION TO ANY SYSTEM FOLDER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Java runtime 6 is required for older version Adobe apps like CS 3 , CS 4 .. I'm not sure about CC , since you are looking for Java version 6 , have you tried downloading from below link ?

Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Brucgovn - I installed Java for OS X 2015-001, and I applied read and write permissions to my user account and administrators. Unfortunately, neither of these helped the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop or any other CC apps after providing full permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines