• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Stuck on Hand Tool in ACR & PS with Mac/ Mountain Lion

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 gets stuck in "hand mode" after being open for a few hours. Suddenly, I can't use liquefy because Photoshop gets stuck in hand mode. I can't use ACR to the full potential because I can't use the adjustment brush because all I have is the hand tool. I try to open files, but all I get is the hand tool!

I know it's not an issue of pressing the space bar, I have tried that. I have closed all the Adobe programs (Bridge, Lightroom, Photoshop), then re-opened Photoshop and it does not go away.

It only goes away after re-starting the computer, but that is not acceptable.

I am on a 17" Macbook Pro, Mountain Lion 10.8.1, using CS6 products.

Can this please be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a corrupt PS cache. Can you try clearing & re-creating your preferences? Follow instructions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-functions-names-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It only goes away after re-starting the computer,"

How could that be a Photoshop cache or preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I've experienced the same issue once and preference reset fixed it. At first, I did think it was a faulty SWAP file on my OS and that I had to do a disk permission check. But, didn't have to. PS preference reset fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed those instructions to (starting Photoshop and pressing alt+cmd+shift, and recreating the preferences). I still have the hand tool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the COMMAND, SPACEBAR keys to zoom in causes the hand to become the only tool available for me. If I use the COMMAND, OPTION, SPACEBAR keys to zoom out twice it cures the problem. Otherwise I am forced to restart the app to make the hand go away. Let me know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve had the stuck hand problem in Photoshop CS6 for years. But lately it’s gotten worse... BUT I think I discovered a link to the problem.

Today I discovered that the stuck hand appears when I click the T key  - the Type Tool. It makes perfect sense that that might be the culprit - since I know that the Type tool leads to a whole complex array of photoshop options - so it would make sense.

Initially I searched through all the preferences to see if anything needed clicking or uncllicking... but I didn’t see anything that stood out. So if anyone has any ideas about the T tool settings and the stuck Hand Tool, please share them.

And in the meantime, I’m going to reassign my T key from the Type Tool to another key that’s much further away and off in a rarely used corner, so I won’t keep hitting it by accident.

Anyhow, that was my idea today about the dreaded stuck Hand Tool problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines