Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popups in projects migrated to WebHelp

Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a help system that is currently delivered as a set of merged .chm files. I've been tasked with exploring what would be necessary to migrate this to merged WebHelp and the material on Peter's website has been invaluable.

We currently use two types of popup, one is the standard version that you can make in RoboHelp 7 by selecting 'Display in auto-sizing popup' or 'Display in custom-sized popup'. The other kind is powered by javascript. For example:
JavaScript:showHelp('ms-its:reference.chm::/glossary/def_bdf.htm>$global_glosspop')

Up to now, my experimentation has shown that only links to topics in the local project can be turned into popups in WebHelp. Is this correct? Is there a way to make the javascript type popup to work in merged webhelp? Or even the regular type.

Thanks

.MW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008
If you create your cross project links the way I describe in hte article, then below the Link To field is the option to create the link as a popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create your cross project links the way I describe in hte article, then below the Link To field is the option to create the link as a popup.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
[In RH X5.0.2] When you want a popup link to an external topic (in one of the other projects in a merged system), you have to fool RH. In the initial selection of the external topic, the popup options are greyed out. Click OK to select the topic, then double click the link and you'll see the popup options are now available.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp