• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets containing popup links: Popups appearing in wrong place

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in a WebHelp output, published using RH 2015. It contains a handful of snippets, some of which contain links that open popups.

In the output, when I click one of these snippets' popup links, the popup opens in the lower-left corner of the frame instead of adjacent to the clicked link. This means the popup frequently appears below the visible segment of the topic, as if clicking the link did nothing at all.

How do I get snippet popups to appear next to their links, like regular content popups do?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists, and I could really use an answer, if anyone has any ideas. I don't want to remove all snippets from my project, but that's what I'll need to do if I can't get these popups working.

Anybody know of a fix? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be curious if the HTML code of the popup is specifies a location and / or size of the popup. Can you post what the source code looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code in the topic is only a one-line reference to the snippet:

<?rh-placeholder type="snippet" ref="Perform new document keyword search (menu bar)" ?>

The popup link's code in the snippet is as follows:

(<a href="javascript:BSSCPopup('Popups/Details/Keyword_search_tips.htm');"

id="a2">Show

examples of advanced keyword search entries.</a>)

Does that provide any clues? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all the fixes for RH2015 and regenerated your help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just applied the latest updates, regenerated and deployed the WebHelp, and the issue persists. The update might have solved some other issue, but not this one. Thank you for the idea, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some of the code as prhmusic2 asks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already done so, but the post is "Currently being moderated." I assume it'll show up here as soon as somebody clears it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, that moderation thing is a bear. For those of us that need to deal with it, it literally takes about 45 seconds to populate the list so we can get at it to clear it.

I hate that. But it should be approved now. Thanks for the heads up. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't suppose anyone has found the solution to this? My Help project uses popups abundantly, and I'm hoping I won't have to sacrifice snippets. Any input appreciated. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make a difference if you use a custom sized popup instead of a auto sizing popup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam -- thanks for the idea. I just tried that, but alas, no difference. The popups are still appearing in the topic's far lower left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd try again here, in case anyone's found a remedy. You'll find the issue's source code in this thread, plus various attempts at fixing. Ideas? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it with a trial copy of RH2017 on some non-production machine? Playing with a copy of the project of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for the suggestion! Just tried it, though, and alas -- the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well fire up the Bugbase then ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp