• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Taking too much time and big file size in rendering with Quicktime

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using After Effects CC 2015.3 release and my laptop configuration is i5 5th generation, 8 GB Ram. I have Quicktime Player, version of 7.7.6!! I have no GPU configuration. I am trying to render 9 seconds video in Quicktime(.mov). It's taking too long and around size of 1.7 GB. Till yesterday it was working really well, but don't know what happened.

Here are the screenshots of my composition settings:

Comp-1.pngComp-2.png

I have tried almost everything. I have also updated Quicktime Player as well. There is no issue with Quicktime Player. I think the issue is with frames. Because it's rendering each frame. Here is the screenshot of my Preferences Panel.

Comp-3.png

Can anyone help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to render 9 seconds video in Quicktime(.mov). It's taking too long and around size of 1.7 GB.

what is too long? 1.7gb for a 10 second video sounds about right for a lossless compression. have you read this?

FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

FAQ: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mate,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already seen it and tried it but doesn't work. Too long means it's taking too much time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it but doesn't work

what doesn't work? what are you expecting exactly? if it's smaller file sizes - you file size is o.k and suits a lossless compression, if it's the render time - that really depends on what you got inside your composition.

you should provide:

1. workflow details (what are your output settings fo the render)

2. a clear view of your composition (screenshot of your Ae interface)

3. specify in numbers what is happening ("it takes 3 hours to render 10 seconds" for example) so we can know what is the problem

4. you should specify the Ae version and OS exact numbers in any case where this could be a compatibility or bug issue

so far we have not demonstrated that there's even a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brother,

I apologize for it because I am the newbie here. It's taking around 20 minutes for 9 seconds video. I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Here are the screenshots.

Comp-4.pngComp-5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's taking around 20 minutes for 9 seconds video

what are your output settings in the render queue. what are your format and format options. this could be o.k for what you have there.  we can't see much out of this. this was supposed to give us an idea on what you got in there. if there's only one layer visible and the other are in precomps and not visible we can't tell. what effects are you using? when you render notice that you got a twirl down arrows - open them up and see where's the hold up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

Thank you so much for your time. Here is a couple of screenshots of interface and format option. I am really hopeful on you. Thanks!!Comp-6.pngComp-7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, NEVER use Quicktime H.264. Apple is no longer supporting that format in a Quicktime container and it never worked well.

Second, study up on rendering. MP4 h.264 is the standard for distribution right now but you should be using the Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's advice is golden - firstly you should encode your composition with the proper rendering workflow. if you are looking to create a video to post online or for playback purposes you should use the common H.264 unless you know otherwise by the technical specification you were given on the receiving end. this could or could not be related to how long it takes for you to render, that as said before relates to what exactly you got going on there (effects mostly). you can make a 10 seconds composition take 2 years if you set it up wrong.

guess you should read again the links I provided earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I first used 'Animation' instead of 'H.264'. But didn't get succeed.

By the way, can you please tell me in detail, what is common h.264? I didn't find any option like this in the settings.

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the presets in the Adobe Media Encoder. It's in the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Rick. I really appreciate. Will check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick and Roei,

I tried to render it with Lossless AVI too. But the same thing happens. And yes even the preview is playing too too slow in the program monitor in after effects.

Can you tell me what's this and how to deal with this?

Thanks for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to render it with Lossless AVI too.

why?

here watch this video:

Exporting from After Effects with the Adobe Media encoder

here's another one I made with a bit in depth information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bro !. my project has a lenght 20s . This is my seting composition

This is all file of project

This is render seting

this project render very fast but so biz size.

It just happened today. Yesterday everything was still good. Can you help me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines