• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1328

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Adobe X Pro on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop and it is a great product. However, when I try to install upgrades which have been automatically downloaded by Adobe, it aborts and gives me an error 1328. What causes this and how do I access the current version with upgraded security patches? ADOBE ERROR 1328.jpg

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Worked like a champ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unisntall Acrobat, reinstall it from scratch.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall. I have also put in the Adobe  installation dvd and tried the 'repair' option..no luck...still get error 1328.

When I install the Acrobat X Pro with theAdobe install dvd, it says that it is V1xor's Pre-Activated Adobe X Pro Application Maintenance. What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Acrobat Installation & Update Issues forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the uninstall re-install, I even did a repair install. Still got error 1328, so I called Adobe Tech Support, who finally told me that I had an invalid serial number which had been 'recalled'..not sure what that means. Anyway, I returned the software in the mail this afternoon as it won't be of any value if I am unable to update it to correct security issues. I suspect that I was sold a less than legitimate copy of the Acrobat X Pro. Tough lesson, but time to move on. Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please See the details on Error 1328.

1328Error applying patch to [filename]. It's likely that something else updated the file, and the patch can't modify it. For more information, contact your patch vendor.A file has changed or is missing. Uninstall and reinstall the program

Please See the Below link for more details :

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-errors-acrobat-reader-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on Error 1328. Win 7 64 bit. Tried all of the above multiple times. Uninstalled every Abobe program on computer multiple times. Deleted all files under Adobe name multiple times. Shut off anti virus, used other browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE 10. Oddly Reader 9 will install but not update-- leads to same error. Error say c:Config.msi\PTC.752.tmp is the problem.  Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks, Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This is what worked for me: close the Adobe updater and Acrobat X. Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ARM\ (copy-and-paste into Windows Explorer-- ProgramData is hidden) and delete everything in there. Reopen Acrobat X and click check for updates-- I got another 'Unknown error message', I just closed it, then rechecked for updates and applied the update-- everything went well and works smoothly now. No need to repair your installation or reinstall (as you can see from the previous posts-- it does no good).

Best,

-Miguel Rivas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your solution and it still is giving the error message and not installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a champ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case OP still has this question, or for anyone else who might run into this issue, check out the answer given by Cheryl in this thread: Getting Error 1328 on file c:\config.msi\PT381.tmp on first update of new install of Acrobat Pro XI .  Basically, manually installing the download from the Adobe Downloads site permits the user to ignore this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines