Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro TLP prompts Adobe ID ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have deployed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (TLP license) on a master image RDSH2012R2 for Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Machine Creation Services using APTEE.

At first it looked ok as I received return code 0 both times using the adobe_prkt commands but users get prompted to sign in with an Adobe ID on the cloned RDSH.

First I used the Adobe customization wizard in which I supplied the serial key and activated the offline exception and registration.

Second I followed these steps outlined in Imaged OS deployments

1. Generated the prov.xml on a internet connected server by using this command
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-6589 --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --regsuppress=ss --eulasuppress --locales=nl_NL --provfilepath=C:\Deploy
  2. Ran the installation by using this command
    msiexec /i "\\server\deploy$\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\unpacked\Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\server\deploy$\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\unpacked\Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.mst" LEAVE_PDFOWNERSHIP=YES /qn
  3. Copied adobe_prtk.exe and generated prov.xml to master image
  4. Created the permanent permanent activation exception by runnning command
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --provfile=C:\CTX\Adobe\prov.xml --stream
  5. Started Adobe Acrobat Pro once on the master image
  6. Sealed and shut down the master image to deploy the snapshot

As I am a bit new to this kind of deployment I am trying to determine if I have done everything correctly

I have been over and over the documentation but I do not understand what it is I am missing as it does not work as it should.

I would appreciate if some one could review my steps/parameters/values and point out if I did something wrong.

Regards,

Raymond

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Hi Tariq,

Thank you.

Yes I have classic as I have installer Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.exe as stated here

So basically you are saying do not enter the serial, offline exception and EULA options within the ACW step 1 ?

Anything else within the ACW should not be a problem ?

So to sum it up this should do the trick

1. Generate the prov.xml on a internet connected server by using this command
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-6589 --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --reg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raymond,

Wow, you sure picked a winner as a newbie .  I'll be honest, in working with our packaging experts for over 15 years of Acrobat packaging and deployments (4.5 was my first), I can honestly say that Acrobat, by far, is one of the most difficult pieces of software to package and deploy.  Adobe has done wonderful work since 4.5 in making life much, much easier.  But there are still a lot of 'gotcha's' that you have to be aware of.

Without deep analysis on your specific installation I can't make specific (fix this here) type suggestions.  However, here are a few things to keep in mind that might be helpful.

-- Check your Document Cloud settings in 'Da Customizer (Acrobat Customization Wizard).  You pretty much want to disable all the DC settings other than being able to participate in meetings and on-line events.

-- That Acrobat stores almost ALL settings under the HKCU registry hive.  Meaning that the installation works best when it takes place under the user's ID.

-- Careful with the Adobe PDF printer settings. Bits are stored under:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModePerUser
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModes2,
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Adobe PDF Port Monitor
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Adobe PDF

if they are not kept in sync the printer can go haywire on you.  You'll know that because it won't work and just about nothing will get it to work.

-- What we tend to do in situations where the installation is made under a global ID, but requires individual ID authentication is to create a .REG file that is applied after the user log's in.  To build this, perform the install.  Take a Reg snapshot, get Acrobat setup how you want it, take another Reg snapshot, create a delta and clean it up.

If none of the above work, check with your Adobe re-seller about obtaining an a license key that doesn't require 'phone home'.  These are generally only available under CLP agreements.  Keep in mind that this will flag your account to have a high likelihood of being audited at every contract renewal.

Lastly, keep in mind that everyone on the CITRIX environment that has access to Acrobat needs a license.  Not just the folks that are slated to use it.

Final thoughts - don't be afraid to dig around in the registry, experiment, etc.  And above all - don't hesitate to dig around on the Adobe's Acrobat Enterprise Deployment pages.  A wealth of knowledge to be had

I hope this helps.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your feedback and time.

Most of your remarks are also documented and applied within ACW I have build for this deployment.

Yes, deployment of Adobe is a monster compared to what I have seen in my 15+ years of IT experience.

I already deployed AAP DC to a single non-imaged RDSH on Citrix which works superb.

So my question isn't really related to ACW but more if I have made the right choices in regard to deploying AAP DC in a virtualized environment.

So let me explain what I want to know as I find the documentation of Adobe not as clear as it should be.

1. Does the offline exception and registration within ACW break the adobe_prkt command.
    In other words do I need to adjust the acropro.msi ?
  2. Are the adobe_prkt commands correct, is the LEID correct ?
  3. Did I use the correct steps to serialize AAP DC in virtualized environment ?
  4. Do I need or apply for another serial (I used the issued TLP serial)

Regards,

Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regard to my questions I found some answers by reading the documentation of Imaged OS deployments again.

I believe Offline exception through ACW will break (not work) due to this note: Granting an offline exception to activation using the Customization Wizard for an imaged OS deployment method is not supported.

So I will have to adjust this within ACW

For LEID I used V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM which I think is the right one by this post

I am using this Adobe SKU Acrobat Professional DC2015 12.0 MLP AOO License NL (65258627)

I am still a bit in the dark regarding the LEID and about the correct steps.

How do I create a permanent activation exception for Acrobat at step 4 ?

This is blank after the semicolon ?? Is this the adobe_prkt command after 5 ?

I find the flow of Imaged OS deployments a bit shady and unclear to follow.

This should be reviewed and documented correctly

1. Generate prov.xml on any machine connected to the internet:
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=<serialnum> --leid=<LEID of product> [--regsuppress=ss] [--eulasuppress] [--locales=list of locales in xx_XX format or ALL>] [--provfilepath=<Absolute path to prov.xml>]
  2. Install Acrobat on the master image.
  3. On the master image, copy the prov.xml file created at step 1
  4. Create a permanent activation exception for Acrobat:
  5. Launch Acrobat once and close.

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize [--provfile=<Absolute path to prov.xml>] --stream

5. The master image is now ready to be imaged.

I would really appreciate it if some one can acknowledge if

• I am using the right LEID
  • How to create the permanent activation

Regards,

Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond,

• If you have Classic track then yes the LEID is correct.

• Once you install Acrobat customized/Non-customized, but install it as a trial. Don't launch the application. Run the command line

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize [--provfile=<Absolute path to prov.xml>] --stream  ,this complete command line.

• Once the license file us deployed. Launch Acrobat once before you start imaging. 

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Thank you.

Yes I have classic as I have installer Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.exe as stated here

So basically you are saying do not enter the serial, offline exception and EULA options within the ACW step 1 ?

Anything else within the ACW should not be a problem ?

So to sum it up this should do the trick

1. Generate the prov.xml on a internet connected server by using this command
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-6589 --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --regsuppress=ss --eulasuppress --locales=nl_NL --provfilepath=C:\deploy
  2. Run installation by using this command (do not enter serial, offline exception and EULA)
    msiexec /i "\\server\deploy$\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\unpacked\Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\server\deploy$\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\unpacked\Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.mst" LEAVE_PDFOWNERSHIP=YES /qn
  3. Copy adobe_prtk.exe and generated prov.xml (C:\deploy) from machine in step 1 to master image
  4. Create permanent activation exception by runnning command
    adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --provfile=C:\CTX\Adobe\prov.xml --stream
  5. Start Adobe Acrobat Pro once on the master image
  6. Seal and shut down the master image to deploy the snapshot

Regards,

Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond,

Yes, you are correct. Don't enter the serial number.

Also, i would suggest you using either Silent installation option or Unattended via ACW under installation options.

it will suppress the window to enter the serial number while deployment.

Rest everything looks good. Let me know how it works.

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

I have rebuilded the master image and redeployed AAP and now it is working.

By your answers I was able to backtrack were it went wrong.

Regards,

Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for updating. I am glad i was able to help.

Happy to help

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines